Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Who Plays Smite

+3
Kine²
azh
LordLoki
7 posters

Go down

Who Plays Smite Empty Who Plays Smite

Post by LordLoki 2016-03-09, 00:44

Is there anybody who plays Smite in the Forum?
Would like to play some rounds with a team sometimes and i think it could be really fun with some creedlings.

The learning curve for the game is not very Difficult when you stick with playing arena which is a very simple and fast paced game mode.

If you like to check it out look for Smite in Steam.
If you wanna check some Footage of Arena gameplay

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZdElB_e35vM

let me know if you are up for some Smite gameplay

Greets
Loki

LordLoki

Back to top Go down

Who Plays Smite Empty Re: Who Plays Smite

Post by azh 2016-03-09, 01:46

Dota 2
azh
azh
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2016-03-09, 03:37

apparently it's easier to learn than DOTA2 and less hardcore. friend of mine says only good things about it.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-03-09, 04:11

Smite > dota and lol

Smite has Zeus, Poseidon. Dota and lol have gay avatars.

Also the camera of smite makes it closer to any kind of fps game.
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by azh 2016-03-09, 05:09

ROFL i actually can't believe
azh
azh
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LordLoki 2016-03-09, 07:46

I agree with Dante and Kine on this.

I tried dota and lol but I did not like them so much.
Reason was that they have a very deep metagame and therefore a high learning curve. Also the birdview and the whole walk by clicking around thing did not really feel that good.

I actually avoided playing smite cause it was titled as a moba and my experience with LOL and Dota did not make me wanna play another moba.

One boring day I gave it a try anyways and after 2 hours of gaming I found myself buying the ultimate god pack to get all the 75 chars and future ones Smile

I really enjoyed the fps like wasd control and the arena mode. where I do not have to care for lanes and stuff just bring my npcs to theyr portal or kill the other team until they run out of tickets. I played some conquest too which is the traditional moba style with 3 lanes and jungle and whatnot but that is more for an organized team that has a good knowledge about the meta already. Most times I play arena and just having fun.

LordLoki

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-03-09, 20:46

Arena is the best mode they have, but the lane system is also better than other ones IMO, cuz of the game itself xD
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-03-09, 21:36

So you mean if I didn't like Dota, because it was confusing af and I was to lazy to get used to it I would still enjoy playing Smite?
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-03-10, 02:49

RickyNeuman wrote:So you mean if I didn't like Dota, because it was confusing af and I was to lazy to get used to it I would still enjoy playing Smite?

Yes. I say all mobas are gay games, but Smite aint on that definition.
I've enjoyed it, you should also give it a try. Even tho there are about 7 months I dont play smite.
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Minjee 2016-03-10, 13:28

RickyNeuman wrote:So you mean if I didn't like Dota, because it was confusing af and I was to lazy to get used to it I would still enjoy playing Smite?
i guess so but smite isn't better than dota or league :^)
Minjee
Minjee
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LordLoki 2016-03-11, 16:15

Minjee wrote:
i guess so but smite isn't better than dota or league :^)

Disagree with that Very Happy
they are different which one you like better is simple matter of taste.

RickyNeuman wrote:
So you mean if I didn't like Dota, because it was confusing af and I was to lazy to get used to it I would still enjoy playing Smite?

Exactly what happend to me i hated Dota i was already pissed before i got into the game cause they have the worst UI ever Very Happy

I played a bit of LOL but got bored after like 3 days of play cause the was no progression for me and the community sucks like shit.....

Then i got into smite and it just was a better Feeling. Sure its not easy in the beginning but at least i could figure out what i should do and how the other gods work etc.. Plus the Community was much better People actually helped me instead of just Yelling at me Very Happy
But yeah if you like download the game and if you dont know what to do and i am around lets try it out. Boty tried the Tutorial yesterday and played one game with me. unfortunately we got wrecked by bots cause our team sucked Very Happy

LordLoki

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-03-11, 17:04

I guess that Imma download it too and play with you guys. JK, its impossible hahaha
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2016-03-24, 00:45

Decided against writing an essay.

Short Version: I prefer Paladins over Overwatch

Developers have a bad habit of making well designed games that die early though.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by LordLoki 2016-03-24, 11:01

Yeah i have seen Paladins and i am thinking of buying the Founder Package thingy but i am not sure if its worth. From the Footage i have seen so far i still prefer Overwatch over Paladins. but you never know until you have played it yourself.
And Kine feel free to write an Essay i will surely read it Smile

Did you play the game already or is your Opinion also based on videos and stuff?

LordLoki

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2016-03-24, 16:17

just from videos.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2016-03-28, 02:14

Main thing I dislike about Overwatch is how much it focuses on chokepoint gameplay. It's a giant spammy clusterfuck carnival. Over and over again. It plays the same as Dirty Bomb and probably Paladins, all of them being objective based team game modes but the weapons in Overwatch makes it too spammy for my taste.

Points in favour for Paladins is firstly what looks to be a more open map design. Dirty Bomb maps are cool and very very well designed but it's still linear CS:GO'ish. Yes you get phases and fight along different sections of the path but it's the same path. Over and over. Which is cool nothing wrong with that.

But Paladins maps look REALLY open. Like Contract Wars and BeGone's Crane OPEN. And I miss those. Coz those can stay interesting for longer. Objectives will travel along the map but moving from section to section instead of paths as it is in DB.

The other main thing is the 'promise' that game devs actually pay attention to shot mechanics. This is only from that one video but there looks to be more potential in terms of skill based shooting. Which many many shooter games under develop.

What makes CS:GO a skill shooter is its' guns. How you use them, where you can fight with what you have, how you fight etc are largely based on what you have on you. Dirty Bomb and later newbie friendly shooters field one size fits all weapons. There really isn't too big a difference between all the rifles in DB. Yes DPS, shot spread, mechanics might look different on paper but I play pretty much the same style everywhere on the map using everything. Coz it's one size fits all.

Contract Wars despite its' other shortcomings did get one major thing right. Their weapons. Specifically making each and every one of their 62+ rifles, snipers and SMGs shoot very differently. And I mean VERY differently. Scoring prokills on almost all their weapons back when I did play says I'm qualified to make that statement. Most of all however, the reason WHY I bothered to make all those prokills on all those different weapons (some weren't meant for prokilling even) was because it's such a joy to play a game where the devs actually makes shooting their different weapons both a skill and consideration. I enjoyed shooting all those different guns (maybe not MP7 tasking which is virally shit, it's so bad I still remember how bad it was 2 years later).

Devs say / promise that Paladins could be one of those games too where the weapons actually require different skill sets and some brain. And that I like. Overwatch, yea some guns look like it plays different / require different skill sets but it still ends up being a spam fest. The faster pace of Overwatch compounds the problem even more.

Finally. I love the DOTA2 style heroes pick in Paladins. Believe players have to pick one different character. Each one playing totally different to one another. I liek that. Forces people to work together for better or for worse. Similar to Ghost Recon, DOTA etc.

TL;DR

Overwatch maps are the same as Dirty Bomb
Overwatch has better weapons than Dirty Bomb
Overwatch and Dirty Bomb focuses on chokepoint clusterfucking
Dirty Bomb suffers less clusterfucking thanks to its plain ol' vanilla weapons

Paladins shares the same objective based gameplay as OW and DB but done in open sections instead of paths.

Paladins have interesting weapons, DB does not.
Overwatch have better weapons imo but in the end it still ends up as clusterfucking. Paladins classes and weapons has more of a MOBA feel to them while Overwatch is Unreal Tournament 2017 the way it should be done.

Overwatch plays like Dirty Bomb with upgraded clusterfuck weapons
Paladins has new gameplay.

Paladins > Overwatch

* also ... love the upgrade on the go like Smite using cards. From videos I have watched on a few of the Paladins heroes, they seem functional and really depends on the match. Potentially your builds will vary from match to match depending on what you need most as the match progresses.

** All said and done, there will be more Overwatch players than anything else because of Marketing budget.

--

I may or may not get the beta access once internet gets installed depending on another game I'm waiting for. If dreadnought launches when I'm back online then Paladin will end up on my todo list Razz
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2016-05-11, 10:34

OK

I'm adult enough to admit when my predictions are rong. Yes R-O-N-G rong.

Overwatch is the only shooter game that should ever exist.

The End.

Spoiler:

Overwatch
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra¢X3r 2016-05-11, 12:21

Kine² wrote:Racxer is gonna disagree saying he doesn't get why or how people can play the game for more than 3 matches. Racxer is a mutant who has a lyfe and is capable of independent thought outside the hive mind. He also hacks Dirty Bomb crates to get gold and cobalts all day long. His opinions will end humanity.
Was about to say something but this is hilarious.
Guess I will just go back to DB and hack somes crates
Ra¢X3r
Ra¢X3r
Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra¢X3r 2016-05-11, 12:33

5 minutes after I posted this I got this card, not kidding LOL
Who Plays Smite 20160512
Ra¢X3r
Ra¢X3r
Creed General