Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Clash of Clans - iOS/Android Strategy Multiplayer

+11
flibia
aquanautics1
Fortius
ando
Kine²
Deffau
Runningbreeze
GodPsycho
KiltMaster
Ludens
Azuredawn
15 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Clash of Clans - iOS/Android Strategy Multiplayer Empty Clash of Clans - iOS/Android Strategy Multiplayer

Post by Azuredawn 2014-02-02, 11:44

Clash of Clans is a strategy-ish game for mobile devices, namely iOS and Android(sorry, windows phone users!). The aim is to build up your base to become stronger, while destroying enemy players in the process. Sounds simple enough, but this game has somehow kept me addicted since early last year.

It is a freemium game, though calling it 'Pay2Win' is very debatable as there is nothing you can buy with gems that you can't buy with gold(except some silly decorations which only clog up space), gems only speed things up(insta-finish construction, boost gold production, etc.)

This game is fairly casual - You can just come on for about 15 mins, twice a day, just to, say, collect your resources, chat a bit, and upgrade. Perhaps attack a guy or two. Me, however, I spent a lot of time on the global chat looking for some potential members, and occasionally I find a guy or two!

I've been part of a really nice group of people for almost a year now, and we've stuck together for a long time in a clan. Some people come and go, but a small bunch of us have never left. Heck, some of these guys are hilarious. One guy even reminds me of some Creedlings, with Bravo-esque humour.

Recently, however, our leader went AWOL/MiA for a long time, and we decided to make a new clan(he's still MiA). This clan's fairly good, and since the actives and I have leader-rank powers, we kick any inactives and managing is much smoother.

I'm hoping some of you could try out this game! It's a free download, and I'd happily let any Creedling in, regardless of level. What's more, Aqua's already in the clan, along with Flibia!

Our clan's name is Diversia with a rainbow emblem(for now, I MIGHT change it later). If, say, there is a large number of Creedlings interested, I'd even think about making a new clan called Creed!
Azuredawn
Azuredawn
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Clash of Clans - iOS/Android Strategy Multiplayer Empty Re: Clash of Clans - iOS/Android Strategy Multiplayer

Post by Ludens 2014-02-02, 17:29

I'll give it a try. Smile
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Clash of Clans - iOS/Android Strategy Multiplayer Empty Re: Clash of Clans - iOS/Android Strategy Multiplayer

Post by Azuredawn 2014-02-02, 17:59

Thanks Ludens! I think I'll change the clan to 'anyone can join' so no ones denied entry!
Azuredawn
Azuredawn
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KiltMaster 2014-02-04, 17:00

I have an android, and it'll work on that, yes? Where do I find this app? I've been looking for a good strategy game on my tablet for a long time.

I can use it on a tablet and not my phone, right?
KiltMaster
KiltMaster
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-02-04, 17:57

I'm using this on my android tablet: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.supercell.clashofclans

I don't know if I'm using the resources in a good way. I have 1 more day of shield. Will people start attacking me after this?
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GodPsycho 2014-02-04, 21:40

They can attack you after the shield yes, i don't have COC but i have jungle heat (same game but more moderns).
GodPsycho
GodPsycho
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-02-04, 22:55

oh damn. it looks it will drag down the road all my free time. I don't want to check it everytime. :S
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-02-05, 04:27

Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuredawn 2014-02-05, 09:20

I highly doubt these will works, as I've a friend in my clan who hacks SP games for fun, but said that CoC has a good anti-hack system in place.

@Kilt - Yes, it should work on a tablet, I play it on an iPad.

@Ludens - People can attack you when your shield depletes. However, after your 'beginner shield' disappears, you will always get a 12-hour shield when people attacking you get 1 star, and a 16 hour shield when people deal more than 90% of damage to you. Remember that attacking while your shield is up will deplete your shield as well!
Azuredawn
Azuredawn
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuredawn 2014-02-05, 10:26

Also, some tips -

- Don't rush town halls. As in, don't upgrade your town hall the moment you get enough gold. Max out everything first. At THs 5-6ish, max absolutely EVERYTHING - Defenses, walls(yes, get them to gold), collectors, etc. From TH 6 onwards, you don't have to max the walls(because they're ridiculously overpriced), but you should still max defenses, etc.
Azuredawn
Azuredawn
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KiltMaster 2014-02-06, 16:58

Awh yeah. Now just need to grind the golds so I can repair the clan house/castle.
KiltMaster
KiltMaster
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-02-18, 21:22

a little closer to join the clan
Clash of Clans - iOS/Android Strategy Multiplayer Screen10
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuredawn 2014-02-22, 08:03

huzzah, Ludens! You can apply as long as you reach 800, just tell them you know me, aqua and flibia in the request. they should let you in Razz
Azuredawn
Azuredawn
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-02-22, 18:40

really? cool! What's your username there? I see no Azu.

Clash of Clans - iOS/Android Strategy Multiplayer Media-10
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Azuredawn 2014-04-13, 15:24

We've lost our first clan war, prepping for our next which begins in 10 hours, hopefully we can win this one. Unfortunately, the other clan has a player who some people say was an ex Top-100 player(and has an extremely overpowered base too).

GO DIVERSIA! Creedlings in Diversia ftw, aqua, flibia, ludens.

Kilt, you still play it?
Azuredawn
Azuredawn
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KiltMaster 2014-04-14, 13:55

Yeah, I keep getting my arse kicked, but I'm trying new tactics of defense.

Can I plz join pro Cred clan CoC style?

Very Happy
KiltMaster
KiltMaster
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KiltMaster 2014-04-14, 13:56

My problem is I don't know how the "clan" thing works, and therefore have not been able to join a clan, (also I forgot the name until just now),

I have the castle built, do I need to scour the pages of clans for diversia and apply or can I just get an invite or...
KiltMaster
KiltMaster
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-04-14, 17:22

KiltMaster wrote:I have the castle built, do I need to scour the pages of clans for diversia and apply or can I just get an invite or...
Click your castle > Clan > Search Clans (tab) > type Diversia > click result > ask to join

What's your name there?
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuredawn 2014-04-15, 14:53

Great, Mr.Default.

Yeah, sorry to inform you, but if you're a co-leader there I can't exactly make you co-leader here. It's fairly easy to earn though, elder's earned by 500 donations, co's earned by high donations(no 'set' amount) and great character. You've fulfilled the latter, so no worries.

Also, great news. We won our first clan war against an imposing opponent. For the first time, I saw my clanmate's very, very solid TH10(his defences are all high-level, walls mostly lvl8), get 3-starred by the opposing clan's attack. Great to see actual, tactical attacks instead of the usual TH5-6 giant-healer rush, or archer spam. 400k/400k loot ftw!

Curious question default, what's your clan's name?
Azuredawn
Azuredawn
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KiltMaster 2014-04-15, 15:16

@Luds I lack the requirements to join the clan -- Once I get them, I guess I'll apply. Smile

I am KiltMaster there, also.
KiltMaster
KiltMaster
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuredawn 2014-04-16, 01:41

Just to help a bit - This is for Default as well, will help with general attacking strategies.
Note : - This is a post which might take around 5 minutes to fully read. Short version is at the very end.

Attacking might be fairly simple, but in clan wars, remember that the goal is not to gain resources, but stars.

What's more, sniping a TH for one star will not be enough, as you only have two attacks, and wasting an attack for one star is simply not worth it.

You have to take into account that opposing member's bases WILL have clan castle troops which do not perish, i.e., if a clan mate's attack fails because of an enemy dragon, eventhough he killed the dragon in his attack, it will still appear if you attack said enemy again.

General rules when attacking enemy bases.
- Pick a 'vulnerable' base. The 'recommended' target is a lie - you'll more than likely lose that attack. Instead, pick bases which -

• Have their clan castle 'baitable', i.e., within luring distance. Baiting CC troops is essential, letting them attack you without killing them first will destroy your attack, especially if it's a dragon
  • Have an exposed air defence. I'll elaborate on this later.
  • Are NOT more than 1 TH level below you. If you're, say, a TH7 looking to attack a TH9, go for it(if you think you can take the base on). Don't attack TH5s however, leave them for weaker members. Note that if you're a TH10, feel free to attack TH8s, even 7s if you find the higher targets too difficult.
  • Are 'premature' town halls. For example, a TH8 with level 4 walls, lvl 1 air defences and only ~lvl5 cannon and archers. Easy attacks.

- BAIT CLAN CASTLE TROOPS. Baiting simply means putting one unit within range of a clan castle to activate it, then once activated(they have unlimited range), put troops near the edge of the map to lure them there. Watching our replays against enemies, a lot of losses were due to negligence of the enemy's clan castle troops, most of which were lvl 4 dragons. It's fairly simple to take out a dragon, even if it's max-leveled. Have a group of at least 10 archers, and a couple minions, this will help.

- Use the most expensive troops you can make. Remember, this is a clan war, you're aiming for stars. We're attacking as if we're top 200 players - only for destruction, not for resources. You can't loot much, but if we win the war, the loot bonus will more than pay for our armies. Recommended armies are, simply enough troops to destroy air defences, followed by an air raid(2 or more dragons, and maybe balloons + minion), or simply, giants + archers and wizards.

- USE ALL YOUR SPELLS. If you absolutely think an air raid is easy, use 3 lightning spells to take out an air defence. If you're going with a ground assault, use rage and healing spells. Personally, I use 1 rage for entry-destruction for my giants, then 2 healing spells for general support.

- Always request for troops to help with the attack, they help, trust me. This is especially important if you're a TH6-7, lvl 5-6 troops will be a blessing. Take the level 6 giants. They're extremely tanky(almost 1000hp).

-Keep a few troops for cleanup. I've seen attacks lost(a victim myself, 4 dragons couldn't reach a builder's hut) because of slow troop movement. Keep an archer or barb spare for cleanup. Don't drop them in in the initial attack, just leave them for the last. This WILL help you get a star.

too long; didn't read?

-Bait enemy troops
-Use a non-budget army/Expensive army
-Use spells
-Use all CC troops.
-Don't TH snipe
-Attack bases you know you can get at least 2 stars on.
-Keep troops for cleanup
Azuredawn
Azuredawn
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KiltMaster 2014-04-16, 15:44

Oof. I really loved the recap. Smile

Thanks for the advice.
KiltMaster
KiltMaster
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum