Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Guide: Maximizing EXP Contribution

3 posters

Go down

Guide: Maximizing EXP Contribution Empty Guide: Maximizing EXP Contribution

Post by Third 2014-04-01, 08:43

I have been told by several people (both inside the clan and out) that some of us aren't quite farming EXP correctly, or at least maximizing our EXP/hr. This is how to do so.

1. Play Evac
Because of Evac's small size, VIP turnover is greater. This allows for more VIP encounters, and therefore more EXP earned per match. Evac will give you more EXP/hour than any other map. If playing OSM, you can gain the same amount of EXP as Evac, but the matches will last longer because of the fewer encounters that are from its larger size.

2. Ignore KD; Focus on VIP
Yikes, I know, that precious K/D ratio. But focusing on just killing the VIP is the most important thing you can do. Only kill the rest of the team if they get in your way, or you are waiting for a VIP to spawn. Spend the down time planning on where the VIP will spawn, not hunting down that annoying level 20 shotgun user. This method will involve a lot of flanking, so make sure your secondary is high mobility.

3. Rent Boosters/Play HardCore

Boosters to rent (in order):
1. x3 EXP (x2 isn't worth it)
2. Night EXP (not Night Warrior)
-Find the servers with little owl down in the lower left when you join a match. Night servers rotate based 2-5am at the server's location.
3. EXP for kill series
-I believe this doubles the bonus you get for 5,10,20 killstreaks. I get 500+ exp for a storm kill, and around 1000 for a pro.
4. EXP Tax
- Not really worth it, only 100-500 exp per match.

4. Spawn as VIP
Kind of counter intuitive, but you want to become the VIP. Why? Because you can control how fast you die. Unlike when the VIP spawns as someone else on your team, you don't go hide in a corner and camp. Rush the other team and die. Take out all but one, and let the last guy kill you. This tactic will greatly increase the number of VIP kills you can get in a match. This goes along with forgetting about KD.

5. Play on 10 player servers.
Simple, there is less competition that you have to deal with on your team when it comes to killing the VIP. The perfect setup is one good player on the other team, you as the one good player on your team, and everyone else noobs that are easy VIP kills. This will guarantee a high VIP turnover rate.

6. Learn Spawn Mechanics
The middle spawn points on evac are very dependent on where your teammates are located (and therefore pushing the spawn), but the outer points are very predictable.

Gate that leads to nowhere
If the enemy team is spawning at the end of the road by the gate, or at the guard post by the gate, then they almost always will spawn at the other end of the road in the trench (by the flat roofed house). If I see that the enemy is spawning gate, I will go as fast as possible to the roof in order to get a jump on the VIP spawning in the trench (or throw a mortar in there).

Heli trench spawn
One of two of the starting spawns in the game, this spot will almost always push the next spawn to the ally spawns that are west of the warehouse. That is, if there are no other teammates occupying that area. If they are occupied, then they will spawn in broken. If broken is occupied as well, then most likely they will spawn either behind the flat roofed building, or the trench next to it.

6. Headshots Only
Self explanatory, you get more EXP for headshots. Make a point of only shooting them.

7. Play on the lowest level server available.
Lower level players = easier kills
Don't play in a 20-70 if you can play in a 20-59
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Guide: Maximizing EXP Contribution Empty Re: Guide: Maximizing EXP Contribution

Post by Kine² 2014-04-01, 09:19

fun fact:
1 VIP kill is worth 7.5 regular kills
If you made 75 kills, I will only need 10 VIP kills to outscore you

When grinding, you are interested in only 1 thing ... killing BOTH Red and Blue VIPs

1. DO NOT PROTECT BLUE VIPs

I know you want to shoot everything that moves but make a habit of watching people swarm your VIP and let them make that kill. Do not ambush enemies who are trying to kill your guy.

2. KILL STRAGGLERS. Kill enemies who are not part of the VIP hunting pack. This makes it easier for you to guess where their next spawn is going to be because the only enemies alive are all bunched up in a group .. ie. the one that went after your VIP. So when Blue VIP dies and you killed off stragglers around the map you can be sure the Red VIP will spawn near where the Blue one died.

3. CHAINING VIPs

Downtime is that period where you are waiting for the baddies to kill your Blue VIP so you can get on with the business of sniping the Red one. There are many reasons why downtime can take a looooong time. Noobs on enemy team who cant kill your VIP, Enemy Pros farming kills instead of points, Noob Blue VIP camping etc etc.

As Third already mentioned, you WANT to be the Blue VIP so you can manage downtime yourself. Here is how I do it when grinding:

Guide: Maximizing EXP Contribution BFKXUqH

Package 4 --> 55,000 credits to rent Quick Respawn for a day

When I am grinding a game, NO ONE ON MY TEAM GETS TO BE VIP EVER.

Here is how,
- Kill RED VIP and get myself killed in the process
- Quick respawn as BLUE VIP
- Kill 2-3 guys to maintain my KDR then get myself killed*
- Quick respawn and Hunt RED VIP and get myself killed in the process
- Quick respawn as BLUE VIP
over and over and over

* if you have mortar skills, go on your 6 killstreak to get mortar while being VIP
- you will have it ready for use to kill the RED VIP after you respawn.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

Post by HarcK 2014-04-01, 16:50

Great Third and Kine, a big thanks for your work and your help!
HarcK
HarcK
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Third 2014-04-02, 22:55

Rent "early access" in order to play on HC servers that are BELOW your level. It is possible for a 65 to be playing with 19-39 hc servers.
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2014-04-02, 23:44

WTF!!
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down