Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

~- Videos -~

+29
Tricky
ToTheMax
TheroPokemasd
Minjee
Ham
тяєєs
RyuK
GodPsycho
HeyCarnage
Third
FeRnK
RickyNeuman
flibia
Deffau
NoBoty
azh
Ludens
Toxication
ShadoWTigeR
eKlaire
Max teabag
Ra¢X3r
Prince
Eminem
BravoTango
Bubba Gump
Azuredawn
HarcK
Kine²
33 posters

Page 6 of 32 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19 ... 32  Next

Go down

~- Videos -~ - Page 6 Empty Re: ~- Videos -~

Post by Kine² 2014-12-30, 00:24

You're being too technical and overanalyzing things again.

Point I'm trying to share is that there is more to just meta game, stats and tech.

And much simpler. Consider the video again.

I had only one gun shooting most of the time. A gatling manned by a stationary gunner not doing anything else. No crew to speak of.

Yet we were contributing in a big way towards the team win.

So analyze this:

1. Could the allied Goldfish win on their own without my ship in a 2 v 1 match ?
- doubtful

2. Did my ship conform to the meta game ?
- definitely not

3. So what did I do that helped secured the win ?

- the answer is much simpler than most would expect and something you already know. figure that out, apply it in your game and there is nothing else randoms can teach you coz you'll already be better than them.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Kine² 2014-12-30, 00:40

2 Creed ships would go a long way to solving that ....
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-01, 17:53

JJ ran a tutorial workshop on how to play Survival for Ricky, Susliks and Kine.

It's ok to suck in Co-Op when it's fun.

Here's a daytime one where we played like it's real
Insurgency Co-Op Day
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-03, 20:24

Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-04, 20:09

My most accurate piloting to date. Still many many many mistakes but atleast I'm fully aware of those as I make them.

Marza is a damned good opponent in several games I've met him. This first time we were on the same team, he let me take over the wheel.

Kine pilots Popperfish.

Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-05, 01:14

Everyone can fly. You haven't found your ship and flight style yet. Knowledge sharing regarding this aspect of the game is poor in GoI compared to SCon for example hence the shitty matchup that is all too common in random squads.

There are 4 universal roles in flight combat games.

Brawler
Tackler
Anchor
DPS

Not knowing what each other's roles are including your own is what makes things hard. Not having a common language and terms make it even harder to remedy.

I've seen teams with logical loadouts failed because they didn't fly how they fitted. And I've seen newbie default ship compositions beat better fitted teams simply because they played to their roles.

1. Confidence
2. Empathy
3. Attitude

Understanding the roles and how they relate and work together builds toward confidence. And when you fly confidently - not alot will phase you. Not the enemy, bossy team-mates nor backseat pilots on your own crew.

You'll form your own ideas of what needs doing, be able to communicate that across to everyone that matters and people will find it easier to fly and work with you. Even if they didn't know it.

It all starts by identifying your flight style.

That's the first question every SCon vet will ask a newbie whenever someone asks 'so how do I play this game?'
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2015-01-05, 02:08

geez, kine is amazing at this. Do you work in game industry, kine?
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-05, 05:42

Star Conflict changed my lyfe
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-07, 22:14

Kine² wrote:
Spoiler:

Managed to record a video that illustrates my point well.

When I joined the lobby I was put on the second ship as pilot with zero crew members.

The allied ship in this 2v2 lobby was a Pyramidion fitted with a sniper and flak combo for his front guns lol. Captain was level 11. Kine level 12.

Enemy ships = Carronade Goldfish and a Gat + Mortar Junker

Risky setup for the Junker but they were manned by a clan crew all level 20-30. I am sure they were confident about charging down our Sniperidion and nullifying his long range weapons in CQC. I am also sure they will primary the squishier Pyramidion over my Goldfish especially if the the Sniperidion peppers them from long range. So I refitted my ship for tackler duty.

The idea is simple. Let the Pyramidion draw attention. Kine intercepts and disable before they take out my DPS ally. If the sniper does what he intends to do ie. backs away from direct combat and apply DPS I might even get to kill ships I tackle down.

L.11 Ally Captain: Try to go on long range if possible, we stay out of close range on this map
L.5 Crew: Fuck <--- (I lmao'd IRL coz even he knows how bad that plan is gonna turn out hahahaha)
L.30 Crew: We might just lose this one
L.30 Crew: Scrap that, we'll lose
Kine: How so ?
L.30 Crew: Our ships do not complement each other.
[during match]
L.20-30 Enemy Clan Crew rage quits
L.30: You might just be one of the best Goldfish flyers I know

---

Wanted to point out to him that I know alot better pilots than me whom I crew for and learn stuff from. But I felt like taking the complement this time.

1. Roles and ability to play off your team-mates is a significant factor. It isn't a catch phrase or slogan. It really does shift the balance of power in these kind of games. Knowing which role you're filling and how it relates to others on your team is game changing.

My team had a bad setup but played off each other better
Opposition had a logical setup but were not cohesive

2. Confidence I'm talking about isn't the state of mind or mental condition. It is the visible actions you make and how deliberate you make them. Guys will not naturally root for each other no matter how familiar they are to one another. For eg. no guy will instinctively say "Go on Susliks, we know you can do it" or "Keep going Bravo, we believe whatever you do is the right thing". Men are not built that way. So self confidence is absolutely crucial because if you do not believe in what you are doing is the right thing to do at that time then the ship is screwed because you can bet no one else believes it.

Without confidence, you will arrive just too late to save an ally. Float a little too close into range. Burn engines when you shouldn't. Not boosting when you should. Hesitate when there is no room for error. Make mistakes under minor pressure. Misjudging turn radius, overestimating enemy strength and underestimating allied contribution. Never sure of where you are, where the enemy is or if this or that is the right thing to be doing.

Without confidence, luck determines your fate.

This is how Guns of Icarus looks like when Kine throws luck and bad setup out of the equation:

Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-11, 10:13

Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-11, 20:04

Slowly getting there. Muscle memory still needs rewiring. Too slow to activate, activating the wrong stuff etc. Hard to dance around when you're tripping over your own shoes.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-14, 11:20

Looking for a novice build for one of the Heroes, Faceless Void. Easy to use character + easy to use build = fun times. Didn't get to claim many kills but was involved in almost all of them.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Azuredawn 2015-01-14, 15:04

Faceless Void is the definition of hard carry. Pretty shit-useless early game compared to all the other heroes, but once he gets Battlefury and good ulti placement(getting the enemy team while not screwing over your own teammates), it's easy teamwipes for him. Also, his passive bash, damn.

Also, I just want answers to two questions....

1. Is your rig a desktop/laptop that's really(and I mean really, like, i5, 8GB, strong GPU, etc) suited for gaming?

2. What recording software do you use, Fraps? I know Fraps is good(and amazing for screenshots) but it's no myth that it causes a lot of fps loss.
Azuredawn
Azuredawn
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-14, 20:24

i5 3GHz - GTX780 Ti Vendor o/c - Hybrid SSD etc. Made to push BeGone to its' limits.

- Also - my RL friends disowned me in PVP when I used Faceless Void Sad
Something about bad Chronosphere. I have no idea what I did wrong.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-15, 06:37

Azh showing us how it's done. I stalked him to one of his PVP matches. Here's a montage of him on all his ganking moves before I had to leave.

Enemy team couldn't keep Azh in check despite him playing in the offlane. They paid for it dearly.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by azh 2015-01-15, 20:29

Just commenting on the game you uploaded today (not the 0 death one)
Few things i noticed!

Item Build:
Generally on faceless I think going stout shield + tangos as starting items is good. While in lane, get quelling blade -> poor man's shield (optional) -> power treads -> mask of madness. Once you get your mask of madness and level 6, chrono the first squishy person you see. From now on, whenever your ultimate is on cooldown you should be looking to pick squishy people off (unless your team is planning to fight). 

From then on, item-wise, it really depends. Maelstrom increases dps and farming speed and builds into mjollnir, which further increasing farming/killing speed. Bkb is a must have item if you plan on teamfighting and actually living (void is surprisingly squishy without it, which is why I die a lot - I'm greedy/dumb and don't build bkb). Build bkb when your team starts fighting. Dedalus/butterfly are fantastic damage items to turn you into a super scary carry. Always carry 1 teleportation scroll with you at all times. You might consider selling power treads and buying boots of travel (which allow you to teleport onto your own creeps every ~minute or so) if you don't have room for teleport scrolls anymore. You can also sell your mask of madness once you run out of space.

Battle fury (second big item you got) is a farming item. It adds cleave to your attacks, and is perfect for farming because you can kill jungle camps in mere seconds. However, it is not a very good damage item. I think you should have gotten another damage item like maelstrom (gives you + attack speed), a tank item like bkb/satanic (bkb gives you immunity to spells for a few seconds, satanic gives you a shit ton of lifesteal), or a utility item like aghanims scepter (buffs the ultimate ability for most heroes. reduces faceless void's cooldown on chronosphere).

Faceless Void Chronosphere:
Chronosphere also traps your allies. 0:44 got 3 enemy heroes which is amazing, but also got 3 allied heroes. Ideally you want to get all 3 enemy heroes on the edge closest to your teammates and keep your teammates out so your teammates can autoattack/cast spells on the enemies inside the sphere. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyJohNaUaQM
This guy's chronos are on point. 0:15 is a godlike chronosphere. His chrono stunned 3 enemies and let his whole team focus them from outside. If only I could  chronosphere like universe...

Also, wraith is amazing at doto 2... wonder where he is.

In that game of me you uploaded, I think my team won because the other team was bad, not because I was good or anything haha. They should have constantly harassed me in lane. Instead, they were super scared of me and didn't go for last hits. I basically had free farm on the hard lane (which is generally awful for the other team).
I made a lot of mistakes. At 3:39, I chronosphered the storm spirit... and proceed not to attack him? I don't quite know what I was doing. Also, I chrono'd two people at one point: the storm spirit and someone else. I should have killed the storm first, but I didn't. Storm spirit is very mobile, and once chronosphere was down, he was able to escape.
I'm grateful you didn't include the part where I chronosphered the medusa while she had stone gaze on... rofl. That was bad.
azh
azh
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by azh 2015-01-16, 01:20

Nah, haha. I usually like keeping things short and simple. It's just that Dota is very complicated.
azh
azh
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-16, 02:40

BravoTango wrote:Wow. That is the longest post I have even seen from azh.

you should've seen him coach me post match. that was scarier. it was so emo I cannot bring myself to share it with the world.

@ azh

Dota is emo. Emo is good. Don't change.

But tbh i learn stuff better thru observation. If I could ask a player questions as I watch him play that would be best. ie reverse coaching. I think Bravo is the opposite type who asks questions iteratively as he plays. I'm bad at multitasking.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-01-17, 00:58

second Dota match with my RL paintball buddies. my first Hell Yea! moment
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member