Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Contract Wars: GUIDE

+12
flibia
Bubba Gump
NoBoty
Ludens
GodPsycho
FaultLine
azh
Mortalus
Kine²
ShadoWTigeR
Boss1337
Third
16 posters

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Contract Wars: GUIDE - Page 2 Empty Re: Contract Wars: GUIDE

Post by Third 2014-01-19, 08:18

noveske diplomat review added. SR3M to come within the next week.
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FaultLine 2014-01-25, 14:57

I know it's not mentioned often by "pro" players, but the SCAR-L in Tier 2 is a fun gun to play with. I tried it out of curiosity and I think I prefer it over the PDR-C for now.
FaultLine
FaultLine
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2014-01-25, 17:34

1. should add in the guide to disable "auto respawn" in options menu
- refrain from mashing your mouse to respawn but use the spectator time to:
a. locate enemy spawn location
b. confirm your spawn isn't getting farmed
- if your spot is getting farmed, hold off from respawning until it switches to somewhere new. you can zoom out for convenience using the mouse wheel in case you've never done that.

2. who wrote that OSM guide?
- it is paradoxically over analyzing things while over generalizing the map
- apart from points regarding the secluded spawn, everything else holds true in only one type of game. nub stomping.

I've played enough games against dedicated snipers there to confidently say people who knows that map will not play them out as assumed per the guide. I have stormed the ridge-hills-barn from murder shack countless times for eg. And the last prokill i got tasking the M4A1 was infact from the rocks around the outside of secluded area picking off people trying to run my VIP down who was inside it.

On large open maps like ones in ghost recon, crane, OSM, Interchange - I rely less on map features and more on game reading for both the opposition and my own team. And more so in big maps than smaller 'room' type ones, a single clutch player can influence things so I also keep an eye out if one of those guys are present then adjust accordingly.

if i had to write a guide on OSM i'd only go as far as these 3 things

1. Learn to scan from hip before quick scoping SS tap
- this includes being comfortable switching ROF back and forth

2. Understand shape and movement in a sniper context. You can google it.
- light is also a factor in RL but not so much in CW.
- applies even if you are running smg/shotgun and not (counter)sniping

3. Be confident dictating respawns.
- There are 2 main things i look at with regards to my own team. Respawn location and tempo. You can only really control one at a time so you have to pick one that's not being done properly and make things happen. Normally switching from one to the other back and forth as the game progresses.

The ultimate goal is to box the red team into one location so you can begin the farming process. If your team pushes too hard too fast and turnover is high you end up respawning from the same spot hence giving the advantage to the opposition. At the same time you want bodies spread out in the right places so they can contain enemy movement. Or worse case scenario, need to initiate a breakout in case your team's the one getting boxed in.

What both teams do on a map matters more than what there is in it.

The Respawning Mechanics guide missed one important point. You respawn at the location closest to a live team-mate. Your team will only respawn adjacent to enemy team's respawn IF everyone on the team is wiped out. And this is how you influence your team's respawn location. By being the last one alive picking out spots to start out from when your nub team makes the push too early.

Example:

Team is getting murdered trying to push up from Barn towards ridge-ruins. I relocate to murder shack while controlling ruins from looking down. When enough people die on my team they will start spawning around me behind the shack at which time I initiate a push up the slope for ruins. Fighting from slope if needs be. Kill enough up there and my team will spread out on that half of the map. IF that happens I go back down out in the open going hypersniper to contain any attempts by Reds trying to breakout out into woods or barn and begin the containment. If rest of the blues are half decent, we should be able to start farming either one of the rocks or the hut up on the ridge in due course. Game flow rotates round and round the map neither one spot being better than another. Only who has who contained, where exactly doesn't matter that much.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

Post by Third 2014-01-25, 22:41

The OSM guide was written by a member of 1337. Boss asked if there was any value in the guide, I said yes, so he added it. I had the intentions of removing it and writing my own map guides, but I no longer have the time to do so. If you would like to write your own map guides, Kine, then feel free to log in with the admin and do so.
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GodPsycho 2014-01-31, 22:56

Is the sr3m a good buy ?
and what is his w task (and effect) ?
Spoiler:
GodPsycho
GodPsycho
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Kine² 2014-02-01, 06:24

Going by numbers, SC3M is the AUG A3's GP cousin. You can give that a go to see if you like how it works. A3 is a touch weaker compensated by a longer range so it evens out although you're stuck with 4x scope rather than a colli. And repair bills.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GodPsycho 2014-02-01, 11:11

hey, today i got 55% sale on ak12.
I just buy it and its a very powerful assault rifle with long range (95) and 50 ammo Surprised

Edit : Sr3m with fire stab is just amazing :O
GodPsycho
GodPsycho
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2014-02-09, 23:10

arrgh.... should i get Fire Stab?

Is it worth it?

my options are

1. Fire Stabilization
2. +15m gun range, +5 penetration
3. Start working on Gunsmith tree ... which someday will lead to no dmg loss on silencer, +40 penetration.

.... choices choices
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-02-09, 23:53

Kine² wrote:.... choices choices
That's what kills me (no matter if in game or irl). Sad
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2014-02-10, 00:18

Devs made the 'messy' skill tree as an illusion. It's actually very simple. There are only 2 good builds for it.

#1 Low Damage, High Health
#2 High Damage, Low Health

Fire Stabilization is mainly for type #1 players that have basic weapon stats. But as a type #2 player ... Fire Stabilization looks tempting coz it'll make some of my guns OP Smile
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Third 2014-02-10, 21:41

Fire stab is testable on my alternate account. NoBoty, Boss, azh, and reaper660 all have the password/login for that account if you would like to try it.

I don't like it, i waste too much ammo and don't use weapons that benefit from it (high mag guns). IMO, range is also not needed because you should be aiming for headshots, and as long as your gun has 10 minimum damage you should be fine there. However, 25 mortars is obscenely good. I get an extra 20 kills (average) per Evac match. Of the options you gave, mortars are the only skills that noticably help you get extra kills (and it wont effect your ammo count).
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GodPsycho 2014-02-13, 13:28

what's the best map to w task the Noveske ?
GodPsycho
GodPsycho
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2014-02-13, 17:01

the one you're most comfortable with. generally to prokill you want to be on maps where you can stay alive best.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GodPsycho 2014-02-13, 20:05

Go For osm x)
GodPsycho
GodPsycho
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Third 2014-02-13, 20:34

GodPsycho wrote:what's the best map to w task the Noveske ?

I got all of my noveske pro kills on OSM.

Noveske has low ammo count compared to other AR's, so I used this method to get my pro kills.

1. Find noob server.
2. Get mortar (don't use it)
3. Die after mortar
4. Find enemy spawn and throw mortar before you reach 6 kills, this will give you the possibility of two mortars in one life.
5. Use secondary to reach kill 6-7, use second mortar whenever.
6. Noveske from kill 6-7 until pro kill.

Tactics: Camp Ruins or the rock cluster above barn. (I prefer ruins because you have access to five spawns)
If you are camping ruins, remember that they can spawn behind you in trailer truck area.
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GodPsycho 2014-02-21, 10:16

thank you third :3
GodPsycho
GodPsycho
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-02-26, 01:09

Boss1337 wrote:
Third wrote:1. Find noob server.
I'm stuck at step 1.
Just play against me.
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2014-02-26, 07:04

Good and / or high level players in Contract Wars make a habit of stacking up against weaker teams for easy prokill tasking. ESPECIALLY on Old Sawmill. That shit happens around the clock and I have never had trouble finding them.

Problem is in getting on the stronger team.

Method I use is to create the strong team myself. I find a balanced game then make the opponent's best player(s) quit the server after match ends or simply ragequit during the current match. Mainly involves man marking them the entire game and making sure I am the cause of ALL their deaths.

If I did it right, my team will be the stronger one when the next match starts. If there is space on the server and more good players join in, they tend to stack up in my favour and another round of noob bashing session is set up.

It is a shit way of playing this game. I personally do not stack up on stronger teams. If I see an on-going noobash I leave the server again even if I had the option to join the stronger side. Almost all of my prokill videos were made on servers where it started off as a balanced game between nubs which I proceeded to dominate.

One other thing I do is to get to know the regulars on my timezone. Good players will acknowledge each other's skills and we remember our nicks. If they hit prokill I congratulate them. If I stumble into them in a game I'd say hi and play their backup, tagging along behind them and making sure they have a GG by protecting their asses. Do it often enough and they will remember you. Sometimes I even stay and endure playing the wrong side of a noob farm just so I can smack the stronger players in the hopes of them remembering our orange CREED tag. I'd wait for them to hit 15 - 19 kills then snipe or knife him and end his prokill run with my name on his killfeed. Do it consistently and you'll soon notice they'll choose to team up with you instead whenever you bump into each other in the future.

And it's so much easier to prokill when you have another prokiller on your team playing almost the exact same strat as you are.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadoWTigeR 2014-02-26, 09:52

I don't care in which team I am. I just press "Autoselect" to choose a team, and I try to do my best always. As Kine said, I noticed the unbalanced teams more in osm, although in Evac I see Pro players often too. What you should try is always have fun, and try to give your best.
ShadoWTigeR
ShadoWTigeR
Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2014-02-26, 10:46

There's a problem with that. Spawn farming.

The goal for high level players is to kill the opposition so fast the enemy starts to bunch up in a single spawn. Then the strong team will camp that spawn and farm for prokills.

Rule #1 all Creedlings playing Contract Wars should learn is to NEVER respawn when your spawn point is being farmed endlessly. Wait for everyone to die off and the spawn site flips to a new one.

This can only happen if everyone else on your team waits. As long as there is still a player alive on the current spawn point, it won't flip to a new site. And that's the problem. You have 1 minute before being kicked off the server for inactivity. And I get kicked off quite often waiting for the spawn to clear lol.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next