Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So about that Contract Wars...

+6
Expectation
Boss1337
FaultLine
ShadoWTigeR
Toiletseat
Third
10 posters

Go down

What do you think of Contract Wars?

So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_lcap0%So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_lcap23%So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_rcap 23% 
[ 3 ]
So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_lcap62%So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_rcap 62% 
[ 8 ]
So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_lcap8%So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_rcap 8% 
[ 1 ]
So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_lcap7%So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_rcap 7% 
[ 1 ]
So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_lcap0%So about that Contract Wars... I_vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 13

So about that Contract Wars... Empty So about that Contract Wars...

Post by Third 2014-01-17, 06:13

Most of us have been playing it for a few weeks now. Just thought I would make this pole to see a broader picture on what people think of it.
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

So about that Contract Wars... Empty Re: So about that Contract Wars...

Post by Toiletseat 2014-01-17, 09:04

I like it, for maybe 2 hours, then I get bored and what to play something else.

once we can start playing TE with our clan (like we did last time) it would be my new favorite game for sure.
Toiletseat
Toiletseat
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadoWTigeR 2014-01-17, 09:45

It's a good game. I like the models of the weapons, the skill system... all in general. But the game will be reallly good when we start playing with clan members, as Toilet said.
ShadoWTigeR
ShadoWTigeR
Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by FaultLine 2014-01-18, 00:52

I'm sure you're all tired of me bitching about the lag I have, but it's a great game and you should give it a try.
FaultLine
FaultLine
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Expectation 2014-01-18, 04:00

i like it but i love begone ..!
Expectation
Expectation
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GodPsycho 2014-01-18, 12:11

this game is amazing Smile
GodPsycho
GodPsycho
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HarcK 2014-01-18, 12:37

GodPsycho wrote:this game is amazing Smile

Paul, meilleur que Tactical intervention?
HarcK
HarcK
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-01-18, 17:20

I prefer simpler games, and it looks a bit complicated. I may like it in the future, but right now I'm still into begone.
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by GodPsycho 2014-01-19, 11:44

HarcK wrote:
GodPsycho wrote:this game is amazing Smile

Paul, meilleur que Tactical intervention?

Y a pas photo oui Smile enfin c'est ce que j'en dis.
GodPsycho
GodPsycho
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2014-01-21, 05:24

Contract Wars > BeGone

Netcode that makes sense
High ping and low ping can coexist in the same game
No teleports, falling off edges, blinking players, death behind cover etc.
All those lag trademarks in BeGone that has endeared to all you people who voted 'BeGone is Better' is blissfully absent in Contract Wars.
Nubs die, skill prevails. Just as it should.

Optimized graphics.
Had high hopes for Tactical Intervention but dev team dropped the ball when they kept pushing the minimum req up and up.
Gave up on TI simply because my hardware couldn't cope.
Compared to BeGone's stone age performance, Contract Wars is a whole new epoch.
Granted Unity 3D is shit. Which why I'm very impressed with the Russian devs who managed to make Contract Wars feel like a real standalone game despite working off the same engine as BeGone's.
Old Sawmill is 6 x larger than Crane filled with bushes and tress that makes hunting people in and out of them a game all unto itself yet my frame rate never dips below the hardcap of 50 fps. That alone is a Steam Greenlight worthy achievement.

HARDCORE MODE - cannot explain this awesome thing in text. must play to understand.

Contract Wars does have its' share of minus points however.

Main one being player separation. Players of certain different levels cannot mix.
Imagine my disappointment when Tri gave the game a go on one of his rare appearances but I wasn't able to join him to relive our 2 man sniper combo days.
In the long run it wont matter as players will eventually plateau at level 60+ but it is annoying in the meantime.

Second issue is the lingering pay 2 win trait the game still has. I looked at CW a few months back as a BeGone replacement candidate but gave it a no go because it was too obvious that premium weapons were way better than free ones and people could freely pay to live longer, shoot harder and kill better. It is nice to find most of those things are now toned down a notch. But the possibility is still there albeit made more expensive for less benefits.

Then again, that is what HARDCORE MODE is for. FPS in its' purest form. I wasn't aware of this feature and if I had back then, my opinion might have been more favorable. Still..

Regarding the ... 'It looks complicated' argument.

Best example I can give is my granma and my dad's old V8.

A V8 sports car is a wonder of mechanical engineering testament to humankind's vanity for worldly gratification. It is stupidly expensive, high maintenance and you probably need a doctorate in some engineering major to even change a spark plug. That or be raised in a family of gearheads.

Yet; when the need arises, my lil ol grannie can still pick up the keys, start the iginition and drive it safely to the grocers and back. Same deal with Contract Wars.

It is as complicated as you want to make it. Playing a game can be as simple as unlocking some random gun, saving it to your loadout and hit 'Play Game'. Or if you wish to join the anal retentive and break every gun down to coloured bars and numbers, have at it. It still amounts to the same thing. WASD to move, LMB to shoot.

Ofcourse there will be people like Third who will swear by the motto that real men shoots 100 accuracy 1 recoil, it doesn't stop 7 yo kids running around with mp7 SMGs popping one lucky shot to his head and instantly bypassing 26 skill points worth of armour+HP tanking he had going. Just like any other FPS, bad decisions equals dead. Skill = pwn.

That said, AS VAL Mod.3 rawksballs
Nevermind you need $$$ to buy it. Pay 2 win ? lel ....
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

Post by Third 2014-01-21, 06:29

Fantastic synopsis. So good I read it twice.
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down