Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

IWI x95-R Assault Rifle

4 posters

Go down

IWI x95-R Assault Rifle Empty IWI x95-R Assault Rifle

Post by Third 2014-05-23, 08:28

Thought I'd make another gun review, and since I liked the format of the previous one, i'll stick with it.
Hope you enjoy the read! :)Post any comments or questions you may have, feedback is also welcomed. Smile

Basics

Probably the most complicated gun name in the game (and hardest to remember), the IWI x95-R Assault Rifle follows along with this batch of new weapons, owning the steel gray skin. I personally really like the steel gray on black look.

The description says that it is an Israeli made bullpup style assault rifle, with high fire rate and damage. It also has the "Mepro Collimator", known as the same sight that the KAC-PDW uses.

This weapon is most similar to the AS VAL Mod. 3, so I will be making comparisons throughout.
IWI x95-R Assault Rifle BamoRXd

Cost, Task, and Stats

Cost

The IWI x95-R Assault Rifle is a tier 6 weapon that will cost you a whopping 280,000 CR to initially purchase. If you decide not to perm the gun, it will cost you 450 CR per point. With its 92 round fire rating, is going to add up quickly. However, to perm the weapon, it is fairly cheap at 375 GP. I highly recommend making this gun permanent, as it is quite good.

Task

Unlike most AR's in Contract Wars, this one gives you a sight as stock. So there is no need to hipfire the weapon when tasking it. Considering that the task is 30 triple kills, that would be fairly difficult without the assistance of a sight. Once you complete the task, you will receive a silencer, +5 accuracy, -5 recoil, and a small loss in mobility. If you have all the accuracy skills (but no accuracy to silencers; gunsmith) then this weapon will be at 95 accuracy.

Stats

For your exact build, please use the skill build link that Noboty has provided in the CW Guide. This image is assuming you have all critical gun skills + gunsmith.
Spoiler:

This weapon is slightly above other AR's in that it has a small boost in RANGE when viewed next to comparable weapons (+10). With the +15 range found in assault, mine has a max damage range of 75m, with a minimum damage of 20 at 155m. This is very similar to what the AS VAL Mod. 3 had pre-nerf.

PENETRATION is equal to that of the M4A1, and provides a nice amount for shooting through lesser objects. You will need the +5 penetration skill in assault in order to push it over 40. This will allow you to shoot through greater objects, like the OSM barn and huts. The VAL 3 has an advantage here, as you do not need the +5 penetration skill in order to break this important threshold.

To be honest, I was stunned when I saw that a weapon with such high ROF and damage had such low RECOIL (26). It is quite amazing, but probably should be expected considering its placement in tier 6. I find that 30 recoil is an important benchmark, as I think that visual recoil is greatly reduced below this point. Again, this weapon defeats the VAL 3, and by quite a large margin. The VAL 3 has a very aggressive visual recoil. Where as the IWI is much softer, allowing for accurate shooting at 92 fire rate.

Like mentioned before, the SIGHTS are the same as the KAC PDW. Nothing amazing, and not as precise as the VAL 3's RDS. I give the edge to VAL 3 because it does not block as much of the player when aiming at them.

ADS
Spoiler:

Hip fire
Spoiler:

To finish off this section, there is a group of stats I call "secondaries". They don't directly affect the kill power of a weapon, but they do play a role in gameplay. The first of the three is MOBILITY. This is where the VAL 3 beats the IWI by quite a bit. The 10 extra mobility that the VAL 3 provides is quite noticeable. Once tasked, the IWI feels quite sluggish in comparison, very similar to the M4A1. It shouldn't be too much of a concern, but for someone who is firing quite often with this weapon, you will need to be a bit more cautious than normal because the ROF attracts attention.

The IWI x95-R also loses in RELOAD speed, but by not as large of a margin. I give the VAL 3 the win here, but it shouldn't be taken into consideration.

With 92 fire rate, in an ideal world you would have a 50 round MAGAZINE like the devgru. But for the sake of balance, i'm glad that it is only 30 rounds. You will burn through your mag fast, this gun will definitely teach you ammo management.

Final Thoughts

The IWI x95-R's HANDLING is very good. It feels most similar to a p90 devgru. For those who do not know what this feels like, it is available on my alternate account for trial. PM myself, boss, or reaper for the password. Hip fire is very well controlled, but with accuracy at 95, ADS greatly improves the aim.

With a very direct competitor, the IWI x95-R goes toe to toe with the AS VAL Mod. 3. The DPS is virtually identical, and so is the penetration. The IWI will lose a small bit in the secondary stats, but it makes up for this with not needing 7 SP only for a weapon. The SP you will use to max out this gun will be used on any other primary you choose. This is a huge advantage, and is why the IWI x95-R is my newest TOP GUN recommendation.

I myself will not be resetting in order to get my VAL 3 SP back, as there would only be a 3 SP difference in my case. However, for those of you who have not boosted SP, the obvious choice is the x95.

Last edited by Third on 2014-05-23, 11:41; edited 1 time in total
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

IWI x95-R Assault Rifle Empty Re: IWI x95-R Assault Rifle

Post by Kine² 2014-05-23, 08:59

video .....
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

Post by ShadoWTigeR 2014-05-23, 09:29

I have both weapons, and, in my opinion, I prefer AS VAL Mod. 3. Although you have to spend GP and SP to get it. Firstly, complete the task of the X95 is quite difficult (And having a mag with 30 bullets with such fire rate doesn't make things easier). And secondly, although it has a good range and an incredible fire rate, in terms of damage has almost nothing to do against the AS Val Mod 3.

As Val Mod. 3 will be always my first choice, until they introduce an improved version of it.

Edit: The repair cost per point is 450 Cr. And the repair bill is 75 Cr.
ShadoWTigeR
ShadoWTigeR
Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Third 2014-05-23, 11:40

Damage is actually virtually identical. 92x50=4600 IWI ::: 83x55=4565 Val 3
Then for the small loss of dps that the val3 has, it makes up for in penetration. So like I said, virtually identical.
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by FaultLine 2014-05-23, 17:13

This is a great gun in my opinion, and I've used it occasionally for fun, but I just can't get used to those sights. That's why I'm sticking to my SR3M for now, which is also very similar just with a RDS.
FaultLine
FaultLine
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum