Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My way to gold

5 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

My way to gold Empty My way to gold

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-03-04, 13:10

I will try to reach a gold rank in DB. I'm starting as a shitty Silver 4. I was Silver 3 but got demoted after I lost 4 or 5 games in a row. I'll play as much competive games as possible. If you want to help me on my way play with me. I'll live in the DB cmop channel on discord for the next days. With the shitty rank I have right now I should mostly faces shitty enemies which should make it easier to win. But on the other side my team will probably be shitty too. I will keep posting updates of the progress I have made.
Here is the start:
My way to gold V9e9ehF
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

My way to gold Empty Re: My way to gold

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-03-04, 17:12

Played 5 games. Won 4 lost 1.
First two games were really bad skillwise. Had a shitty score at the end because I had to sacifice myself all the time to push for the objective. But we won.

3rd game was shit. Had 2 snipers in the attacking team on Underground. I've planted the bomb like 5 times and they never did anything to help to protect it. Another teammate ragequited after 5mins...

Game 4 and 5 were fun. Played with Vonbear. And he used his mic Smile Our team dominated both games, but we had to fight hard at the 2nd one.

Update for my rank:
My way to gold Dw6Z4gB
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-03-04, 22:34

Did 5 more games. Won 3 Lost 2
First 3 were with Tricky, we got raped at the first one, second one was close, 3rd one was dominated by us.
The other 2 games were with Dante. We dominated both games. Played the first one with Phoenix, 2nd one with Sawbonz. I just like Phoenix more. Sawbonz should be reserved for Tricky Smile
Both games were 5v5. I took the screenies when people already left. Got a score I like for 8 mins play time.
Phoenix game:
My aim with Sawbonze sucks:
Sawbonz game:

Getting close to Silver 3 Smile
My way to gold QKHGXvF
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-03-04, 23:47

I am the key to win games, yall gotta realize it.
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tricky 2016-03-05, 10:50

This season my moto seems to be my way to bronze. Rolling Eyes
Tricky
Tricky

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-03-05, 12:52

@Dante you can kick ass only as long as I boost you with health Razz
@Tricky SOmehow our games were really unlucky. Remember to say hi to Vonbear when you are visiting the bronze ranks. On the good side bronze games should be easier to win xD

Made a big step in my elo with playing/winning only one more ranked game. The other team was shitty and so was my team. Kind of strange that a game like this gives such a boost.
I'm back at SIlver 3 Smile
Silver3:
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-03-05, 21:31

Played 6 more games. Lost 5 of them. I'll never play ranked games on a saturday evening again.
Teams were massiv shit. Even the players with a clan tag were shit and in case they know how to shot they still don't know how to play a objective. They don't defend bombs or push for an EV repair. They stay in the back near a shitty placed healing station and they do some damage and kill some people, but they don't do anything usefull for the objective. At the end of the game they complain about losing and your kdr, but they have never even close to do someting good for the team.

I'll start again on monday. Probably with a worse elo I've started with.
derank is coming:
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-03-06, 03:23

I actually need one aura health station close to left door when defending, so I can have health and my own ammo station running, while I protect the generator. Ez win when I do that, only need cover sometimes, but usually it means godlike to me.

BTW, are you serious that its already damn 30+ matches and you still away from gold? lmfao
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-03-06, 18:16

are you ranked yet @Dante

Played 5 more games. won 2 lost 3. Teammates started to kill each other after 1min because they didn't like the mercs the other one used. Other game was 3v5...you can't win these games. Pure luck if you get a good team or not.

Update: back to Silver 4, but I won't give up.

Spoiler:
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-03-07, 04:39

Havent played 10 matches yet lol
3-1-2
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra¢X3r 2016-03-07, 17:19

Dante wrote:Havent played 10 matches yet lol
3-1-2
They will just make you silver 4. Nobody cares about your winning percentage
Ra¢X3r
Ra¢X3r
Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-03-07, 22:35

Ra¢X3r wrote:
Dante wrote:Havent played 10 matches yet lol
3-1-2
They will just make you silver 4. Nobody cares about your winning percentage

Lmfao I don't have a mouse anymore so I will probably get no rank this season.
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2016-03-08, 07:54

Just like DOTA you gotta carry real hard when solo ranking.

Your strategy is to do everything yourself, kill everyone yourself and only rely on the bandwagon when its bandwagon time.

This means getting real good at carrying as Engineer when attacking.
And self tanking as Medic when defending.

Other useful tips from years of expert pugging various games:

1. ONE other team-mate can make a huge difference.
By this I mean someone who understands what needs to be done.
He doesn't have to be an expert marksman or a clutch support. Just the average Joe can markedly upgrade your solo game.

Spotting this miracle child is a skill puggers need to develop.

2. Playing Off this other guy.
That's the other skill puggers learn. In BeGone and other shooters people mistakenly label it as 'using' meatshields. Meatshielding randoms is just one part of it. There are many other parts.

Mainly it's timing yourself and complementing another player's gameplay without them even knowing you are doing it.

Specifically to Ricky - you mostly do this already and feel you are doing it all the time. But being your team mate for years now, I can confidently say you need to relearn how to do it in a solo queue context and not from a Creed squad perspective. There is a difference. That being - expectation. There should be zero expectation from you.

3. Learn to get people to do things without bossing them
This is mainly a communication and human skill so I'm not the best person to make recommendations on the how to's. But there are 3 things I've seen work effectively and use habitually whenever I have the mental energy.

- Ask for HELP instead of TELLING people what to do
"I need help with ABC" vs "Go fucking do ABC you shits!"

- SHOW another player you are 'team-working' off him
When you see him see you do it, reaffirm the relationship by saying back to him in words.
"Yea don't worry about heals. I got ya back"
"Keep repairing bro. I'll cover you wherever you go"

When he sees you play off him more than once in separate instances you'll earn his trust and start seeing magic happen.

Try to figure out his game and stick to his way of doing things. Then in a single match do what he does better than him. If he veers off course or do something outside his own playbook ... use voice and command him. If he listens, you've just recruited yourself a team mate and you can start calling plays.

- INSPIRE

Everyone wants to be the hero. Even supports. We all know this. What few understand is that even heroes sometimes look to a general for what to do next now and again. Different match, different people, different composition, different group dynamics. Some matches there are more opportunities to lead than others.

But you need to earn the Generalship.

My way of earning that badge may not be for everyone so you'll have to figure out how to inspire others in your own way. Biggest no no however is to be a downer. Inspiration is a potion of morale boost. So it goes without saying you have to be a source of positive morale for the team throughout. No point trying to inspire people 10% of the time when the other 90% you spend talking people down and shit.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-03-08, 08:17

Thoese are some very good and helpful suggestions. I'll try to implement them. Thank you.
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra¢X3r 2016-03-08, 17:16

You motivated me to try comp mode once more after I havent played it since the update.
It took 5 mins so the skill range was huge...Already thought that game will be shit.
We immediately got rekt and 1 of us left. 2 minutes later I was fed up with my team and left too.You can really forget about the comp mode,its pure bullshit.
DB´s playerbase is just too small, they are not able to find good matchups and nearly every comp game is unbalanced as fuck.
Out of 22 comp games 2 were more or less close.....thats a joke.
Ra¢X3r
Ra¢X3r
Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2016-03-09, 01:19

Re-read what I wrote and felt all too De-ja-vu. Found the same rant I wrote for Noboty back when he dirtied his hands with GR:O.

Point #6 may not translate well to DB but the idea behind it is basically what I wrote earlier about playing off random team-mates. Fact is, one way street team-work is still team-work from your enemy's point of view. Your team mate may not be working with you but if you are working off him ... the enemy will still feel the pain.

Trick is to find what works and what doesn't in a Dirty Bomb context. Haven't played in a while so cannot give relevant examples from the top of my head. But I do recall there being some.

Kine wrote:

5. Communication - your game in that video was so quite i could hear myself breathing when wearing headphones. That's spooky. Some dude said something and you said something back. That was about all the communication I saw / read / heard. Comms in Ghost Recon is a big deal. It isn't about you bossing people around telling what they should do. Effective communication is you describing the match to your team-mates in order to help them build situational awareness. When people know what's going on in-game they can make better decisions. The more accurate you are at relaying information - the better your team moves are. And timing devices is a HUGE part of that. When people complain about sucky random team-mates - they're basically telling me they themselves suck at providing information and fail at communicating. If you want your team to do better - do better at communicating.

6. You look like a Ghost Recon player. Patient, methodical, observant and your moves look very calculated to me. Safe to move? yes / no. Safe to shoot? yes / no. If this is true then you've probably figured out running around like BeGone gets you killed. But if you're also wondering why the heck you still get killed when it is the enemies who are running around like BeGone then that is because you are over-extending.

ie. you are doing all the work.

Gotta 'use' your team-mates more. Don't have to trust them. They don't have to be good.  You just need them to be there looking in directions you are not. In other words - let them lead the moves and you cover their blind spots. If morale is low and team inevitably starts to camp - coax people to make small pushes.

"My team suck so bad, if I die they will lose" = "I overextended, died and not in a position to cover blind spots and team-mates got steamrolled as a result"

A Ghost Recon match but demonstrates how fast you can recruit a team mate out of a squad of randoms. And how rewarding your solo game can be when you do.

Software didn't record my own comms but when game volume lowers and "KINE" in green text pops up that's me talking.

In the space of a 7 minute video I started off dying pointlessly numerous deaths to recruiting a chatty team mate to working off him before finally calling the last 2 big plays of the match for everyone claiming victory for the team.

Another thing I've never mentioned before is the impact 2 man team work has on any team. When your team sees and believes how much the 2 of you are contributing to them winning, sooner or later the entire team will convert and starts working off you guys even if they don't verbally say it. I see this often in 2 Creedling squads where I and another Creedling would talk about what we plan to do using in-game voice then later realize a bunch of other people joining in on the plan. You guys have probably seen this too and in my case I make it a point to factor this in in my game plan when playing any game where Kine reps Creed.

Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-03-09, 17:48

Changed some stuff in my gameplay and practiced some trick jumps. Won some games and after the horrible losing streak it seams that I can finaly win again. At least I will hold a 1:1 ratio for now. Elo wise I'm back where I've started.

Spoiler:
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-03-09, 20:43

63 comp matches, just wow
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-03-15, 21:52

played 3 games, lost 2 won 1. Tricky saved my day with the last one:
https://creedarmy.forumotion.com/t996p50-good-games#28387
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-03-16, 13:48

noting new. ranked games are porbably getting worse in quality. Still a lottery if you end up with a team shootinh eachother or with one or two teammates who know what to do.
Spoiler:
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-03-16, 16:58

I got quite surprised to see that some people at lvl 12-20 still dont know what to do and how the game works. It's funny to see how humans can be braindead in general. I mean, it's not that fast to rank up and they didnt learn what the game is about. Just wow. Thats why we wont have a good comp system before the active member base get higher.
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra¢X3r 2016-04-10, 10:25

Unfortunately I was too tired yesterday and couldn´t do my last comp game on my way to gold with you. So I finished my gold mission today: After just playing comps the last weeks I am finally gold recruit:
My way to gold 20160413
Ra¢X3r
Ra¢X3r
Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-04-10, 12:48

Nice one m8, on the following weeks Imma be a bit absent of casuals, but Imma try to keep my aim on point for whenever yall need me to play. Gotta boost my knowledge about history, Imma go for Law college.
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-04-11, 19:05

Little update:
winning all 5v5s, winning the duo/solos again, moving up. Raxcer I'll join your gold club soon

My way to gold 20160412
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2016-04-11, 19:21

My way to gold BnSccQA
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member