Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Friday scrim

4 posters

Go down

Friday scrim Empty Friday scrim

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-08-02, 19:17

We are going to battle some other clans on firday 8pm Gmt+0. Would be nice if as many of you as possible could be online. If we are 10 we can do a warmup Creed vs Creed.
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Friday scrim Empty Re: Friday scrim

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-08-02, 19:50

Guest and non Creedlings are welcome to join and to do a warmup with us
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RyuK 2016-08-04, 10:16

This Friday?
I'm up for a Creed vs Creed, I want to be a less noob guy who came back
RyuK
RyuK
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-08-04, 15:36

nice
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-08-06, 07:56

First match on Underground yesterday. Not to bad against a team 50lvl+ higher on average than our team. Learned a lot, and we have enough things to work on, but it was a good start. Didn't record the 2nd game and missed Vic_Fs rampage. But 2nd game was pur rape. No chance at all for us.
Special thanks to Tricky who sacrificed his dinner for us. I'll make sure the next match won't be that close to dinner time. Sorry.

*Watch on youtube for better quality. Does anyone know why we don't get the best resolution for videos on the forum?
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginro 2016-08-06, 10:37

I get 1080p60fps on forums, but can't go fullscreen. The enemy seemed well regimented in how to counter certain actions, like as soon as you took the roof they flanked with a medic and fragger to come behind you.

They played with a sniper, but did it actually feel like he had an impact in the game? From Ricky's perspective, it didn't seem so.

I think you guy played well, they looked like a very experienced team. Atleast you didn't loose Dome. Very Happy

Ginro

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-08-07, 09:14

hmm I can't get 1080p60fps on the forum. Do you use chrome?

The sniper had no big impact for me, besides one kill at my spawn defending the 2nd Objective.

They aren't very experienced as a team, but the are individualy more experienced in ranked/ competitve 5v5 games. I think it was their first time playing in this formation.
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Ginro 2016-08-07, 09:55

No, i'm using firefox

Ginro

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-08-07, 10:23

so no full screen for firefox and no 1080p60fps on chrome xD
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2016-08-07, 20:14

Ginro wrote:They played with a sniper, but did it actually feel like he had an impact in the game? From Ricky's perspective, it didn't seem so.

Creed as a team made 55 kills.
Enemy sniper scored 24 kills on his own, that's half Creed's total.

But tbh sniper's biggest contribution on that map was lighting up our players 90% of the time with sensors. Underground's first objective is so narrow, a single sensor is able to cover the entire width. That minimizes alot of communication to coordinate stuff. They know where you are at all times and able to make solid calls on where to push when.

They got to plant exactly when it was safe and able to repel where you rallied at the right places. Notice at second objective they weren't so badass because sensors couldn't pick up everybody anymore.

---

Also noticed Creed still haven't figured out Underground's first objective defense but unlike last time where you went too aggressive, this match was too defensive.

First objective is simple.

Each team has the advantage on the left side. For defenders it is the open generator, for attackers the yellow generator. Point of contest is the roof and balcony, both teams get LOS to them at same time. Whoever owns BOTH of those (balcony + roof) earns the initiative.

But here's the caveat - open generator gets LOS on yellow generator. Meaning Defender has a leg up over attackers *assuming* they hold point ahead of the generator and dominate yellow generator + entrances.

This is balanced by the fact that attackers get to 'own' balcony by default at round start via elevator. Defenders have to dominate roof before being allowed to make the jump to balcony.

Spoiler:

---

The fight for 1st objective as defender is simple. Stack up left hand side, 2 up 2 down if necessary. Dominate roof and own the balcony. Dominate left generator so you can contest yellow generator to either fix or defuse it.

Strongest player on team should be able to defend yellow tunnel solo and ideally, the engineer. If the enemy blow open the yellow door into C4 room, 1 person from left generator (ideally medic) should rotate back and defend the back of the building behind the solo engineer.

The 3 guys on the left wherever they may be MUST communicate to engineer when he can go in to fix or defuse the yellow generator. If defenders do not hold in front of the left generator you can never make that call since you have no eyes on.

---

The goal for Defenders (ie. the perfect round) on underground is not to defend C4. It is to spawn lock attackers simply because it is doable on that map at 1st objective. Attackers have only 2 ways out of spawn and defenders have LOS on BOTH from ANY practical location if attackers ever gets wiped out on a long respawn timer.

Defending behind the building or brawling all over the place does not achieve this. Fighting the right places for the right reasons do.

---

Should you lose the 1st objective, the next critical fight is escalator defense. This is the final chokepoint on the map. If attackers ever plants on 2nd objective it is usually game over since it is too easy for attackers to defend the c4 when planted at the right spots.

From the video, Creed is good at defending escalator so nothing to comment there.

---

Our attacking game is good.

But it's worth practicing a couple of routine moves that works (like overloading roof or a standard attack thru tunnel) just so we don't random attack runs which can happen if nobody says anything. Possibly worth discussing also is how to break a strong escalator defense. Those can be especially tough although I haven't seen Creed played those matches before.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

Post by RickyNeuman 2016-08-07, 21:15

You are right about the positions. If you own roof and balcony you have won the game. Lock their spawn as you said.
And yeah, we've been to defensive. But playing aggressively is only possible with good medic/heavy combos. If you know there is a medic behind you, you can push. The harmony between medic and heavy has to improve on our side. If you play with medics who are used to this playstyle than you are up the second you are down. Something we should focus on in our games.

About being spoted- that's no real issue for me. Of course it makes it easier to them to pick out single players and to go on our weak side, but on the otherside they are missing one player for the objective push. Playing against/with a sniper has some pros and some cons, but if the defense works it shouldn't matter that much.

Being to aggressive is almost impossible imo as long as you keep an eye on your spawntime.

If you have a working med/heavy combo you just need to know keypoints. If one combo needs help the other will join them in their fight. Engi stays alive and maybe gives a bit fire support. Works pretty much the same way on attacking to.

No criticisms on our medics...I couldn't do it any better, just something we have to practice and work on. Btw I've seen defender teams on Underground without an Aura. Sawbonez is more felxible in providing health and isn't out of the game once the healing station is taken down.

Heavy/medic and spawntimes and we are much stronger than now.
RickyNeuman
RickyNeuman
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down