Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Star Conflict

+4
HanSolo
SeanAxel
Ludens
Kine²
8 posters

Go down

Star Conflict Empty Star Conflict

Post by Kine² 2013-04-24, 20:23

http://star-conflict.com/

I'm hooked on this one currently. It's like BeGone, third person shooter except - you're a ship. shooting lasers. and missiles. in space. you can camp and snipe but behind asteroids instead rawr. Free to Play

not the best gameplay vid but does show off the visuals. my 20fps in pipeline laptop gets decent framerates on this game.
only minus point is that in order to play with more than 1 other friend in a squad, one of you must be a premium player.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

Star Conflict Empty Re: Star Conflict

Post by Ludens 2013-04-24, 23:27

Looks nice. I registered just in case. :3

Do you also use a pistol there to slaughter others like you do in BeGone? :S
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2013-04-25, 00:00

unfortunately - I suck there - hard. But the view is good
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Post by Kine² 2013-04-25, 20:43

Sean you camping frigate albino

3 solutions:

1. Interceptors
2. Team mate
3. Cloak <-- me

Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by HanSolo 2013-06-11, 00:18

Looks great.
Gonna try. Love Sci-Fi scenarios.
HanSolo
HanSolo
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2013-06-11, 16:32

Enjoy your time in rank 1, 2 and 3.
Don't rush ranking up.

A couple of videos from my point of view:

Spoiler:

Youtube Channel got a few more, might be of some help if you like watching

. Add me in-game, name is Kine. I'll fly with you when I see you online.
https://i.imgur.com/3ldOgJh.jpg
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2013-06-25, 01:17

All the pretty lights in space. Sorry bout music. Mute if necessary.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Toiletseat 2013-06-25, 01:29

ATTENTION! don't watch when youu are drunkc, jesuschrist
Toiletseat
Toiletseat
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2013-06-25, 03:34

@Kine, please see this.
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2013-07-20, 17:06

Devs put off Thursday's big patch just for this tournament. Met NASA. Again. Won the first point, lost the subsequent 2 in a best of 3 meet. Kine's POV flying medic.

Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2013-08-14, 20:49

Corentin
Star Conflict Edf82e667fd4f5a00c4b8fc91c502605?s=100&d=http%3A%2F%2Fforum.star-conflict.com%2Fpublic%2Fstyle_images%2Fmaster%2Fprofile%2Fdefault_large

Kine wrote:srsly who are you and why do you keep typing out obvious things that alot of people miss !!?? lol

now stop posting things that makes sense and start whining about something to fit in better.
I'm sorry, I've been taking the time to read some of the forums to get ideas of what each role generally does, reflecting on my wins/losses with specific roles (whether or not I actually made an impact, what I could have done better, that sort of thing), and adapting to the new forced equipment of ships. I am fortunate in that I only had  about a day of flight hours before 0.9 came out, so the mindfluff wasn't really as big of an impact to me as would probably many others (except for that darned singularity day 1 nonsense). In most other games, I play a support. I help the team to victory, plain and simple. As far as I can tell, there are only 3 dps classes in this game, and only 1 of them consistently fulfills that role: Covert Ops (Gunship and LRF basically cycle between offense and defense as needed). Every other ship is a support, and their purpose is to support each other. I just put two-and-two together (fish) and thought to myself, "how can I best help my team with this ship?" and went from there.

------------------------------------------------
so Creed material I have a hard on lol. This guy actually researched the entire forums to get a good understanding of how the game is played and his first few posts outline points so many forum whiners miss.

felt like posting this coz we've been getting some really bad applications in BeGone lol. If anything - most apps should mirror what this guy displayed in this exemplary post.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-04-12, 22:59

Moved the topic to Creedlings Forum.

Kine² wrote:My big secret wish is for Creed to go Star Conflict.

If you knew what I know about both this clan and that game, you'd know Creed was meant to fly squads of ships in space.

But sadly I also know the majority here will be turned off by the prospect of scifi shooting spaceships and would knee jerk a lolno reaction.

If only you saw what I see. Knew what I know.

All you madafakas would be addicted to that game hardcore.

It is pure teamplay where teamwork is the defining factor in each and every match. Noone plays random there past a certain point because winner takes all.

And no one person can win a match on his own. No matter how good you are or think you are, you always need to look at the person next to you and ask what you need to do to help him help you.

It is that sort of game where the first thing a pro does when a match starts is to look for a well known support player and ask .. can you help me pwn those noobs?

One of those games where as a support player, you will see your team mates rush to your side the second you get primaried because they all know ... if you die, they die. One of those games where the ace pilots thank his team for carrying him at the end of a match. One of those games where every pilot mattered. No matter how lowly you are, how crap your ship is or how bad your KD was at the end ... you mattered. Because the team won.

Because winning is everything in Star Conflict.

You cannot buy the best equipment in the game using money or in-game currency. You can only get them from a lucky spin on the 'roulette'. And you only get to spin it at the end of a match that you win. Because of that ... team wins ratio on your profile is the #1 stat top clans look for in an applicant.

What Creed stands for and what is needed to be successful in Star Conflict fits perfectly.

If only you know what I knew, see what I saw.

You madafakas would be addicted hardcore.

Kine² wrote:An organized clan battle hosted by the game developers wanting to see how clan vs clan games would look like. We were invited to participate. The only clan not ranked in the top 3 lol.

Spoiler:

Me in my prime as an ace pilot, made my mark after this match as one of the top interceptor pilots in the game. Cant tell much from the vid coz none of you guys play but i was primaried with up to 8 lockons in a couple of incidents and survived. A feat difficult to repeat considering the calibre of people targeting me. Kept ZEIK; the game's top 10 interceptor pilot in check most of our encounters with me on her six and on the run.

Spoiler:

Not all matches are that hardcore ... majority are played on public servers against randoms. Here is one where I was leading a squad using teamplay to decimate randoms who were playing .... randomly.

Spoiler:

Playing Solo in a high level server with experience pilots on both sides. Played a support role. Dunno if you can or cannot see it in action without having played SCon before but alot of impromptu teamwork was at play in that match. The norm between experienced pilots doing all they can to get a team win.

Spoiler:
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2014-05-10, 21:09

If you knew what I know about both this clan and that game, you'd know Creed was meant to fly squads of ships in space.
- Random games can be large 12 v 12 matches but at top level where matches are competitive, games tend to be smaller squad vs squad affairs. Think 4 Creed vs 4 Hash warehouse matches. But in Star Conflict, matchups like that happen normally as part of automated server selection instead of us having to prearrange 'battles'

It is pure teamplay where teamwork is the defining factor in each and every match. No one plays random there past a certain point.
- Take L4D2. 4 man premade squad versus a horde of baddies. Now you can get away with doing your own thing just as long as you stick close to another player in case they need to revive you or cut off that tongue that's choking the life out of you.

- In Star Conflict, that isn't enough. No one survives on his own. No one can 'do his own thing' and expect the team to win. In-fact you can solo the match doing all the objectives and still lose because you did it on your own which allowed the enemy to do their thing faster than you as a team.

- Where in BeGone, CW, TF2 and L4D2 you can randomly choose which weapon you would like to use, in Star Conflict weapon selection and 'class' picks matters. There are no right and wrong decisions but the team has to KNOW what you are bringing into battle so people can adjust accordingly. Each ship and weapon has an associated pro's and con's and squads will need to adapt based on their composition. You can random into battle as a squad but you will almost certainly lose against another well prepared team. Kinda like DOTA2 if you've ever played it. And planetside2 has some elements that benefits organized squads but you aren't exactly penalized if you didn't plan well enough ahead (talking about platoon level and below here). In Star Conflict - it is the difference between winning and losing.

Teamplay is such a big thing in SCon that even solo pugs and random players in matches will work WITH each other almost by default. Ofcourse random malcoordinated matches happen as often as public server teamwork does but people do know, expect and complain if team work was blatantly being ignored. People will bitch about you if you played selfishly and ignored team moves and organized squads will remember the names of those who stood out as a random teamplayer. Because team work is a big deal.

And no one person can win a match on his own. No matter how good you are or think you are, you always need to look at the person next to you and ask what you need to do to help him help you.

- This happens partly because of how ships and weapons relate to each other. Good combos do exist be it ship to ship combo or weapons combo. But most times teamplay is motivated because of the game mode. It's just how the game was designed. In-fact it is so team focused that recently the community requested the game Devs to introduce a new game mode that ISN'T team centric because people just sometimes want to let off steam and NOT team play all the time lol. Game mode is team deathmatch where the first team to kill 30 enemy ships wins the round. Sorta screw teamwork for one match and go pew pew. I came back to the game 6 months later and guess what ... people started coming up with teamplay tactics for the Free For All game mode and you end up having to teamwork again hahaha.

What Creed stands for and what is needed to be successful in Star Conflict fits perfectly.

- Clan servers are nice. Definitely a good addition in BeGone but that is an after thought and we all know it. Same deal with Contract Wars' clanrace. It's bullshit lets stack up and farm the nubs guys. And if the other clan is farming better than you and paying more money to do it ... lets stick an alt in the enemy team and farm that spawn madafaka.

- Star Conflict Dev team was heavily criticized by the community much to their surprise. They created a team focused game yet did not think far enough ahead and provided a team objective. You're bound to attract competitive players when you designed a competitive type game and not providing with an in-game "my team is better than yours" measurement people predictably made noise.

- So they are coming up with a feature that will provide an over-arching clan objective some time soon. Probably it will be a model based on a mix of planetside 2 and eve-online clan thing. Hopefully less digital work and more towards pew pew to win territory. The prototype we are beta testing currently:

each clan can only send ONE squad to represent at a time. so zerg clans like Figa has no advantages over small skill based clans like Creed. winning earns the clan points which the leader uses to BID for territory. Each territory awards in-game benefits namely resources you need to upgrade your own personal shit. ownership do expire after a certain time and previously owned sectors are open for bidding again. not too exciting but it is just a prototype. bigger things are planned but Dev team is being tight lipped about it all.

Current one we have
https://i.imgur.com/FDPEOSI.jpg

What we are getting
https://i.imgur.com/Jq7Z7lH.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/DKIuFTQ.jpg

I can only guess at what will be offered in terms of clan objectives in the future but community is expecting full sandbox type thing where clans can own stuff and need to make real alliances with one another to fend off opposing clans. Think Creed + SCP versus HASH + Tzu in open territorial warfare shit.

Open space is the name of this new feature and if it ends up being as successful as everyone is hoping it would, then in my mind there is no doubt Creed needs to be there. I am one of the more active veterans on Star Conflict and I can confidently tell you that no other Clan operate the way we do.

They don't have the Eminem, the BravoTango, MND, RickySpaceman, Prolyphic that we do. The calibre of our politicians and diplomats is unique. I mean our founder is Dk rawr. The only quote I remember from BB was someone saying something like "Droidkiller is the only 14 year old that scares the shit out of me." Now that is power. In BeGone and CW ... all this talent is unused. Unneeded. In the future Star Conflict ... we could be the masters of inter-corporate diplomacy. Fighting for and owning shit in space. Rallying allies defending them. Finding a cause to fight for or start a shitstorm of our own.

All that smack talk in BB? It stays in the forum. Talk shit in SCon and it physically manifest itself in-game. Atleast I am hoping it will be that way. Currently unpopular pilots get focused down even stalked in servers but that is as far as it goes. But it may evolve into bigger things in the future.

Can't promise you it will be in in the future but personal progress in order to participate don't happen overnight. If it does happen it'll be too late to 'lets give this a try guys'. Do that and Creed will come in as the newcomer wannabe they think they all dat corp. People need to unlock end game stuff at a personal level and start making a name for yourselves as pilots who knows what they're talking about. Credibility means alot in the community.

Unlike in BeGone where you can talk all sorts of shit and never having to prove yourself as a skilled combatant, in Star Conflict you word is only as good as your skills. Although there are various 'skills' you can vie for.

If only you know what I knew, see what I saw. you'd know Creed was meant to fly squads of ships in space.

I will end my rant with yet another "hey look guys, its' Star Conflict !" video

4 man squad versus i think another small squad + randoms on each side.

Green icons are people in my squad.
Blue are friendly randoms
Red are the enemy
Skull icon above the green and red player on my screen signifies that they are the VIP

This is a VIP game mode where you only get to respawn if your VIP is alive. They die, then you will die permanently. Keeping them alive is in the TEAM's best interest. So is killing the enemy VIP if you can get to him.

Squad strategy here is:

Kine plays bodyguard. Floats behind green VIP
Green VIP is a healer class that can heal friendlies within a limited range
He wants to be near our brawlers but also out of harm's way
The other 2 greens on my squad will brawl up front working to push back the battle lines
Push hard enough and we can get more people within striking distance of the enemy VIP
Kill a bunch of his minions fast enough you can create a window of opportunity to strike a defenseless enemy VIP

Push too hard and a bunch of us might die instead leaving our VIP defenseless. So its' tug of war plus balancing act 2 in 1 deal.

Cant hear my voice but I was coordinating almost non stop verbally. Relaying what I see, what I'm worried about. Moving my VIP here and there since he has his face up against the rocks most of the time, I am in a better position to see the map and move him. Comms between brawlers and backline is essential to get enough man power to fall back in case we need to switch and defend against a suicide strike team. Randoms fail because the brawlers develop tunnel vision as to what is going on behind them allowing enemies to sneak behind the frontlines and strike at the VIP. Coordinated teams on voice comms got that covered. Ship types and weapon selection all discussed prior. Tactics and resource management normally left unsaid between veteran players like us but you can hear newbies talk about their systems and ammo timers alot on youtube. The ship selection chaos at start of video well ... that was ooops on our part but not unusual because the game selects the team's VIP randomly when the game starts and you only have 10 seconds to respond. Also means squad pilots need to be well versed in the game mode and have ships of varying capabilities installed when going into combat because game modes that you end up playing in is selected randomly by server.

Imagine having to play Contract Wars without knowing if your next game is going to be Target Designation, Team Elimination, Hardcore mode or Deathmatch on top of random map selection. This is also why experience counts for alot here too. And your saved loadout Razz

Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down