Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

About CS:GO

+5
тяєєs
Kine²
ToughTapir
Ra¢X3r
flibia
9 posters

Go down

About CS:GO Empty About CS:GO

Post by flibia 2015-09-14, 23:49

So, here's just a little overview about CS:GO about it, and some tips I recommend, Tox, Aqua, TT, you guys should add your tips and comments as well.

It's an FPS game.  You need to get "rank 3" before you play competitive, which is the fun game mode(yeah, I know it's annoying, but it's placed to prevent smurfing, so yeah, and yeah I know I just yeah 2 times(not counting the 2 other times I just said it)).  Competitive is a 5 vs 5 game, you can queue up with a team(must be within 5 ranks UNLESS you have a 5 man party, then you can have anyone in your group).  You cannot chose who you're playing against, it is random.  Teamwork and communication is very important.  Learning how to spend your money as a team, and giving call outs.  

You should learn how to use each gun atleast somewhat before you play comp(competitive), atleast the AK47, M4A1S, and the AWP.  You can download a training map and test your accuracy, recoil, and spraying etc. Shooting at a wall to see where the spray goes and how the gun shoots can also actually really help.

Solo-Queue can be very frustrating because some people aren't very... hm.. cooperative I guess, so sometimes you just have to play the best you can and do your own thing.  Carrying is very possible, winning 1v3s 1v4s or 1v5s could happen, but not very likely.  

AK47- long range, you should "1-tap," literally tap your mouse 1 time, wait a little till your gun is accurate and keep pressing once for a headshot, headshots are one shot kills with the AK
-mid range, you can 1-tap, but I personally like to go with 1-5 bullets at a time for a quicker kill at the range
-close range, I spray and drag the crosshair down so the bullets land

M4A1-S or M4A4 are pretty similar to the AK47, but I'll add it when I have time

AWP- don't move and shoot, then it's a regular sniper, you can shoot through some walls, one hit kills if it's not a leg shot

Nades are very important, learning to smoke important spots where the enemy tries to pick someone off can be very helpful on both sides.

Determining ranks is very complicated, deals with "elo" and stuff, if you have win streaks, MVP stars, and high score you should be fine.

You will encounter the occasional hacker and smurf, but that's most games, you might have them on your team as well so yeah.

I also recommend NOT buying skins until you are pretty good at the game and know what you're doing, because some people end up losing a lot of money on CS:GO.

I'll finish the post later, or add on, I'm kinda busy right now, so this is it for now... to be continued
flibia
flibia
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

About CS:GO Empty Re: About CS:GO

Post by Ra¢X3r 2015-09-15, 13:01

I´m thinking about trying out CSGO too...but I´m not sure if my pc can handle it.
Anyway,nice and structured overview.
Ra¢X3r
Ra¢X3r
Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by ToughTapir 2015-09-15, 15:11

>> www .system requirements lab. com /cyri
>> www .kinguin.net /catalog search/ result/index/?q= counter-strike%3A+global+offensive

There are a lot of YouTube video's of useful smokes, flashes etc, and also a lot about spray control. You don't have to study the whole spray pattern but it's useful to know that when you spray your AK you know where to pull so your bullets don't miss.

Don't have anything else to add. Great guide
ToughTapir
ToughTapir
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-09-15, 15:41

Best place to learn CS:GO is in Team Deathmatch

- You get to shoot more
- Develops good awareness habits like constantly scanning radar and sound whoring
- More instances for reflex shots especially useful when training AWP
- You can train almost every location on every map in deathmatch using any weapon freely in TDM

Casual is a good place to learn map flow and money management
- You can observe how much you earn, spend and need quickly here
- Pick up map tactics from observing others
- Learn map flow, and 'map norms' from watching randoms play

Decent ratio = 6:3:1

6 deathmatchs then 3 casuals before playing your daily competitive

Only grind competitive Elo after you have each and every map fully memorized.
And that takes alot of casual games

Exclusively playing competitive early is

A. Good way to destroy your ranking
B. Ruin the game for others
C. Dumb

If I am on form and win one competitive, I usually go for a second. And keep on playing until I lose. Then its back to 3 casuals on maps I didn't play on competitive before going back in.

Don't random your TDM sessions simply shooting. Pick something to learn or create personal challenges and train up.

Pistol only warm up followed by rushing AWP has been my routine favourite TDM routine. Usually followed by 'Keep A Nub Alive' then 'Most Kills' or 'Zero Deaths' in casual.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-09-15, 15:47

If you plan on grinding Elo later ... commit this to memory
Spoiler:

Along with prices and knowledge on using:

AK47
M4A1
Galil
Mag7
Full Kevlar
Kevlar
Flashbang
HE
Smoke
Molotov
Defuse Kit
CZ75
Deagle
AWP

Inhuman skill on Glock + USP is especially useful.

--

In terms of map tactics and team strategy -- know and understand all of CT's defensive plays and formations. Be able to understand why it's done the way it is. How they rotate between sites. Where are the 'intel' spots. What kind of intel you can get and what possible comms you can relay.

Knowing how CT plays will naturally lead to knowing how to play Terrorists. It's basically the anti-CT counterplay.

Meta game in CSGO is top-down. What pros do in tournaments trickle down to pub games. Watching tournament vids and specific replays was at one time expected of you when grinding Elo as people will run what they see in comps and expect you to play off the same strats.

---

Knowing eco round strats is also expected since lack of play calling or leadership in pub competitive means it is harder to get right. That includes dropping shit for people, telling people to get you stuff and scavenging rifles at round end when not eco-ing.

---

Timing is a big deal.
So are defensive crossfires
And knowing how to beat them when attacking.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by ToughTapir 2015-09-15, 16:54

Kine² wrote:Decent ratio = 6:3:1

6 deathmatchs then 3 casuals before playing your daily competitive
Isn't this a bit excessive? I always do 2 deathmatches (1 as T to get used to AK, 1 as CT to get used to M4, and sometimes 1 additional for AWP) then jump into competitive, unless I feel that I really suck. That also takes like 90 minutes, and I don't have that much time :O

And something about the radar too: the standard radar only covers a bit of the total map, zoomed in pretty much. I recommend this guide http:// www .tobyscs.com /csgo-radar-settings/ (there's a tl;dr at the bottom with all the commands summed up), and I use it myself too. It zooms out the radar so you can see the whole map, where your teammates are, where enemies are spotted etc. Very useful.
ToughTapir
ToughTapir
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-09-15, 18:48

It's just a ratio. Basically competitive make up only 1/10th of my playtime. If it was even that. I suspect it's much much less. Playing Competitive exclusively is not done. Even pro players don't do that.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by тяєєs 2015-09-15, 19:39

I am currently LE, previously LEM, could be higher but i play with lower level friends often.

My ratio is 3:3:3 on most nights. (changing a bit with my new love for DB)

BUT this does not include casual. Casual is not worth your time at all. Too many people on the map, playing the objective never works and people like to dick around with p90s/negevs/autos too often. Avoid it like its going to give you canceraids if you play it.

My ritual is 2-3 deathmatchs to get myself in the groove. usually 1 match of rifles only, 1 match of Awp only then finall 1 pistol only.

Then i dive into a few matches of 1v1 servers to work on pure aim battles. Awps/Pistols/Rifles turned on, Knifes/p90s/flashes all off.

The i usually get around 3 Comp games in. Sometimes only 2. Usually after 3 matches performance starts to decline, or after 2 losses, then performance and morale is way down.

I don't practice more than 1/2 of the line up smokes/flashes. Even at LEM it can be hard to get people together enough to execute off of these. Unless your with a group of people you know, its a waste of a nade. Use them for site takes or re-takes instead to keep a leg up.

Remember not everyone can be an awper. Even less can aggressively awp, and if you are trying too much and dying often people will begin to be mad at you. If you keep getting beat on mid-doors on dust, just stop trying to peek it, go peek upper tuns to B or out long doors.

Yes, the p90 and auto-sniper are  considered bullshit guns, people hate when you use them. But they have their purpose, some angles are just better held with an auto, and some closer quarter places are better rushed with a p90. Fuck the haters.

Team communication is key. Ranks are often gained just by comm-ing correctly. If you dont have a mic, stay out of competeitive until you do. This is not optional. Keep comms short and too the point, dont let a team mate get killed because instead of a good call out it started with 'fucking bullshit kill, running AK headshot, hes top of mid lit 50'. Call out 'top mid, lit 50' and swear at yourself afterwards. if you are dead, make your death call out and shut up. Yes, i can hear him behind me. Yes, i saw him go that way. No i dont want to go through CT spawn. Stop telling me to plant the bomb when there is a guy standing right there. Stop talking over the sound of his defusing, i want to make sure hes not faking to bait me.

Along with that, dont bait your teammates. And if we are rushing a site don't stop in front of everyone as soon as an enemy shoots at you, lets get a trade kill and take the site.

if you have 9000$ and your teammate is broke, buy him a gun. dont be a dick and lose a round because instead of 2 M4s you insist on an AWP and full nades +pistol. Also, if someone asks you pick them up an AWP, just do it. They will buy you an M4 to trade, AWPs are expensive.

I cant think of any other common bs that makes people mad for now. But if i do, ill post it up.

Feel free to comment.

тяєєs
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2015-09-15, 21:09

even LE's gotta learn new maps on casual ... and for peeps who just bought the game, casual is mandatory to learning no ?
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flibia 2015-09-15, 22:39

I don't warm up at all, that's probably why I am just an MG2, but warming up does help a lot, 30 minutes of warm-up is usually what I would reccomend, I'll add to the post I made later on more specifics, but general map experience can help a lot.
flibia
flibia
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Minjee 2015-09-15, 23:45

"begone is unique than csgo" - candy 2015

30 minute warm up? ok, i'll do that from now on.
Minjee
Minjee
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by NoBoty 2015-09-16, 11:58

Tried csgo casual game, wait 2:30 minutes, kicked after 1:40, twice. so far for csgo
NoBoty
NoBoty
Eternal Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by Toxication 2015-09-17, 09:42

Cut the normal DM and especially Casual - both have way too many nubs who don't give you a big challenge. If you want to warm-up or want to improve your aim, I recommend going on "community browsed servers" and look for 'BrutalCS'. Lots of different (T)DM servers (HS only, FFA etc etc.), 1vs1 servers and retakes (which are also nice to play because you can learn how to aim at spots etc.

Also, download smoke/grenade workshop maps for every map in the current map pool. Strats aren't that important in the beginning, will be at DMG level max, though.
Toxication
Toxication
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra¢X3r 2015-10-06, 14:34

I´m going to download it today.
I hope I can count on your help when im overmatched ^^
Ra¢X3r
Ra¢X3r
Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by flibia 2015-10-06, 22:56

Eyyy, hope you like it, try some of the tips that people gave. It will be a pain going to rank 3, however.
flibia
flibia
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ra¢X3r 2015-10-07, 16:32

flibia wrote:Eyyy, hope you like it, try some of the tips that people gave.  It will be a pain going to rank 3, however.
Yea that´s quite true^^
I´ve started playing today and my first impression was that I´m dying way faster than anyone else.
I´m trying to crouch and aim for the head now, that at least gave 20 kills^^
Ra¢X3r
Ra¢X3r
Creed General

Back to top Go down

Post by flibia 2015-10-24, 02:14

Not much new going on, I been ranked up to MGE, seems like on the verge on DMG, using your grenades and what you have available and crosshair placement are big, try to remember these things in clutch situation.
flibia
flibia
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by 1000names 2015-12-09, 21:16

guys guys im almost lvl3 pls play csgo with me, no shits i promise
1000names
1000names

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content