Creed Gaming
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Winter is coming...

+3
Ludens
Deffau
Third
7 posters

Go down

Winter is coming... Empty Winter is coming...

Post by Third 2014-12-14, 05:41

Spoiler:
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message

Winter is coming... Empty Re: Winter is coming...

Post by Third 2014-12-16, 18:59

CW is having a 100 GP competition (multiple winners) for people who can make a holiday themed edit of this image:
Spoiler:

The competition will last for 24 hrs (18 more hours) and can be posted on this thread: http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2522-general/topics/456438-24h-contest

This is my entry Smile
Spoiler:

In other news....
-Winter christmas GP discount is also in effect. You now get 40% more GP for your dollar. It will last for 30 days from today.
-Terminal is getting a visual update and map rework in the coming update (very soon). Images can be viewed https://www.facebook.com/ContractWars/photos/pcb.687881987999253/687881667999285/?type=1&theater.
-A new gun is going to be released along with the new update. Details can be viewed https://www.facebook.com/ContractWars/photos/a.230741490379974.50814.207598916027565/686215554832563/?type=1&theater.
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-12-16, 23:28

Third wrote:This is my entry Smile
Spoiler:

Nice editing skills, surely the best one in the thread! I like the ribbon detail and how you made the white clothes, background etc. But I'm a bit scared of him, he looks like a psycho. Or maybe I'm watching too much American Horror Story. :s

potential spoiler:
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Third 2014-12-17, 01:41

Hahaha. For some reason whenever I watch horror movies and TV shows I can't do anything but laugh at them. I just find them extremely comical.

Ludens you should put in an entry. You have another 11 hours until the deadline and there are multiple winners Smile
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Ludens 2014-12-17, 13:55

Thanks for the invitation, Third, but I have no time nor enough interest in that prize. Wink

Yeah, some horror movies are comical indeed, but I find this tv show a great one in that genre. I love their camera angles, and they make a very good use of the horror clichés. Very Happy
Ludens
Ludens
Eternal Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Third 2014-12-25, 09:08

Today CW is getting it's first big update of quite a few to come! Uzi pistol (gunsmith spec weapon), Terminal2 (new map, screenies are sweet), gun nerfs/buffs to make them fit their IRL counterparts.

some highlights of future updates include:
team balance (a bit buggy, but soon)
new maps + new map variations.
new guns + weapon customization (It's here! Up to 30 weapon mods for every gun!) First two guns to be available for modification is the ak105 and m4a1, sometime this week.

Read full post at:
http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2522-general/topics/458790-update-info-and-moreeeeee

I invite those of you who have left CW to give it a shot tomorrow/today when the updates are rolled out! It's getting exciting!

Happy Holidays from Third Smile
My CW Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100008638027025
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flibia 2014-12-26, 12:16

Yay! I log in daily in cw, and play occasionally, waiting for noveske on sale though.
flibia
flibia
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Third 2014-12-26, 20:32

Kine and myself are planning a CW day on Monday. If anyone is interested it would be awesome to get the whole clan in during that day.
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by flibia 2014-12-27, 00:30

KINE PLAYING CW? COUNT ME IN! :O
flibia
flibia
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2014-12-27, 11:29

http://www.kongregate.com/forums/2522-general/topics/459122-this-teamstacking-needs-to-stop

Stacked teams are the only key to completing terrible contracts in reasonable amounts of time. The game basically demands stacking.

As a relatively new player this is by far the most frustrating part of this (otherwise very nice) game. I take pleasure in joining the losing team, but the more I level up the less feasible this is becoming. My current choices are; 1) try to beat ‘stacks’…end up 6 v 4 and trapped in spawns… huzzah, what entertainment. 2) Join the stack. Run around shooting fish in a barrel. Somehow LESS entertaining… 3) repeatedly spectate every game I join until I find one where people are actually just playing…

3 has been my option of choice, but now it just takes too long. I am only a lowly level 40-something, so I am not claiming any expertise in the game side of this… but it is clearly a playerbase problem. This kind of crap happens in all team based games unless the game actively discourages it somehow. That being said, it is more pervasive here than any FPS I have ever played, and I am an old nerd Wink. Tacit acceptance/approval of stacking because ‘the game makes me, for contracts’ and ‘I just want to play with my friends’ seems to be the general attitude I see in chat/forums… Quite sad Sad

THIRD wrote:Telling us to stack on the weaker team is throwing the blame on the players, it’s putting a band-aid on a larger problem. Team imbalance is the largest problem with Contract Wars. It is accentuated by the spawn traps in this game. Spawns are using Team Elimination placement on maps that were designed for TDS.

1. First fix the team balance issue.
2. Fix the broken spawn mechanics.
3. Don’t put TE spawns on TDS maps.

Fixing team balance is the first step, I like that I heard it was being worked on. But you can’t stop there, fixing spawns must be the next priority once you have balanced the teams.
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

Post by Kine² 2014-12-27, 11:36

There shouldn't be a power difference between players in the first place.

Fact that some players are 'stronger' than others due to in-game mechanic is wrong.

That shit seems to be a common theme with Russian game makers as if they all had at one point sat in the same convention and agreed on it lmao. World of Tanks, Star Conflict, Contract Wars. Same progression based Le Grind revenue stream that belongs in PVE MMOs but implemented into PVP games.

I mean what ?
Kine²
Kine²
Eternal Creed Member

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCjj8DxQTp5YCFWZ4jchp_Mw

Back to top Go down

Post by flibia 2014-12-27, 16:54

Begone was awesome, society is awesome.
flibia
flibia
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Third 2014-12-27, 20:32

Kine² wrote:There shouldn't be a power difference between players in the first place.

Fact that some players are 'stronger' than others due to in-game mechanic is wrong.

That shit seems to be a common theme with Russian game makers as if they all had at one point sat in the same convention and agreed on it lmao. World of Tanks, Star Conflict, Contract Wars. Same progression based Le Grind revenue stream that belongs in PVE MMOs but implemented into PVP games.

I mean what ?

While I do agree that some aspects of the game like spawns and team balance are broken, I feel that their model of a stronger player based on game completion is OK. The power balance is equal, it just begins at the beginning of the game when both players are level 00, haven't completed any contracts, etc. When I look at posts on the forums of people complaining about X player having too many skill points, it makes me frustrated that they aren't willing to put in the same amount of work that I did. Why aren't they willing to put in the same amount of time? The game is not just competitive on the map, but also through Contract progression, levels, and EXP.

However, this is all an illusion disguising the real culprit. Overall experience in game will dominate any imbalance in an individual build. I have personally played with a a level 16 account vs players that were level 40 and had a very large advantage in SP. My knowledge of the maps allowed me to walk circles around them, even though I only had 20 something SP.

There is no right way to make an FPS game. All we can see now is what the developers have built to please their desires for the game in the future. That may make the game unfair in the sort term, but we have no idea what future updates will balance it out to their vision in the final. An example of this is weapon modifications. Previously, only skills modified a weapon's stats. However, weapon mods through Mod Points will allow us to add lasers, sights, flashlights, and extended mags. Each of which will modify how the gun performs both visually and through stats. Give it time, and an open mind. Playing the game is a lot more fun.
Third
Third
Creed Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down